I would like to have a lab for creating theme

Star Light

May 15, 2014, 11:14:14 PM5/15/14
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com
I want to test theme before upload to Tumblr host. But I don't know how since theme using so much var of Tumblr. Don't we have any software for testing theme?

Farhad Agzamov

May 30, 2014, 11:15:31 AM5/30/14
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com

Nothing like that exists. The best way I found is:
  • Link the CSS and JS files from your own remote server.
  • Edit CSS and JS locally.
  • On Save have both files be uploaded to your server. Some text editors have FTP plugins such as Notepad++ or SublimeText
  • Refresh Tubmlr site to see changes.

It's either that or editing directly in Tumblr's edit panel

Kevin Cameron

Jun 27, 2014, 3:25:55 PM6/27/14
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com
An option is to use local mapping in something like Charles proxy.

So in your theme HTML you add something like:
<link rel='stylesheet' href='http://fakedomain.com/style.css' type='text/css' media='all' />

Then in Charles you locally map http://fakedomain.com/style.css to c:\projects\tumblr\style.css, or where ever your file is.