Unexpected behaviour when queuing

John Albert

Jan 4, 2018, 2:50:08 PM1/4/18
to Tumblr API Discussion
I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but when I change the "state" to "queued" and set a "publish_on" time the post is in fact scheduled.

Setting the state alone to "queued" alone simply reblogs the post.

I am looking for queuing functionality similar to that of the Tumblr website where the time is assigned to the post and the website handles the rest.

Upon investigating and querying my queue I am printing the return JSON and find that my queued posts using the Tumblr website has a key under "queued_state" which for posts queued VIA the website goes as the following "queued_state":"queued" where as queuing using my method it returns "queued_state":"scheduled".

Sorry for the wall of text, if anyone can help me out with this I will be extremely grateful.

Michael Ceyko

Jan 4, 2018, 5:50:08 PM1/4/18
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hey John,

The issue with queueing you're seeing is due to sending `state=queued` instead of `state=queue` (see: docs). If you change that, it should properly queue your post.

However, I do now see that this is a bit unintuitive, since post states are returned in the API as `{"state": "queued"}`.

Regarding `publish_on` working correctly, the API assumes that you always want to schedule a post if you provide `publish_on`, so it just ignores any other state parameter provided.

Hope this clears things up. We'll look into making these options clearer in the documentation to prevent others from running into the same problems.

Regards,
Mike

John Albert

Jan 5, 2018, 7:52:47 AM1/5/18
to Tumblr API Discussion
Appreciate your reply I will try your suggestion and let you know if my issue is resolved thanks
Message has been deleted

John Albert

Jan 5, 2018, 11:40:49 AM1/5/18
to Tumblr API Discussion
This works thank you for the help very much appreciated.