OAuth Down?

mike.cann

Aug 6, 2019, 7:23:34 PM8/6/19
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hi,

I run a fairly popular Chome extension for posting to Tumblr (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dbpicbbcpanckagpdjflgojlknomoiah) and in the last 6 hours have started receiving issues from my users reporting that they cannot connect their Tumblr account.

It looks like when trying to auth using oauth the error being returned is:

I havent changed anything to do with auth in my extension in a very long time (years) so im not sure whats suddenly changed.

Anyone else getting this issue?

Mike

TJ Luoma

Aug 6, 2019, 9:39:49 PM8/6/19
to tumbl...@googlegroups.com
I've been getting 401 'not authorized' errors for scripts that I've
had setup for years, so I assume that something is down, or someone
turned something off without realizing what they were doing.

The fact that this is still going on hours later tells you how
seriously Tumblr takes its API, unfortunately.

TjL

--
TJ Luoma
TJ @ MacStories

Michael Cann

Aug 6, 2019, 9:42:20 PM8/6/19
to tumbl...@googlegroups.com
Yes I have always had random API dropouts but it has been manageable, but this is something totally different, total loss of service.

Is anyone else experiencing this for the authentication?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tumblr API Discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tumblr-api/CADjGqHvLAsXOPuh45c7yS3hEp9gjzsOCpQM30G8njEgYhrBx-w%40mail.gmail.com.

Davide Ficano

Aug 7, 2019, 12:01:56 AM8/7/19
to Tumblr API Discussion
I can confirm strange issues, some operations are possible others raise 401 error, for example I can schedule posts (/post) but I can't list the posts in draft (/posts/draft)

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tumblr-api/cc14c66f-287b-498b-b8f7-108832ac0b7a%40googlegroups.com.

mike.cann

Aug 8, 2019, 12:26:28 AM8/8/19
to Tumblr API Discussion
It looks like everything is working again.

It would have been nice if Tumblr got back to me or something to let me know what happened :S

Davide Ficano

Aug 8, 2019, 12:28:47 AM8/8/19
to Tumblr API Discussion

Il giorno giovedì 8 agosto 2019 06:26:28 UTC+2, mike.cann ha scritto:
It looks like everything is working again.

Yes, on my side, too

It would have been nice if Tumblr got back to me or something to let me know what happened :S

We never known...