Retrieving multiple post IDs in one request

Rosalind Wills

Jan 18, 2018, 12:12:05 PM1/18/18
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hello!

Is there any way to do the request https://api.tumblr.com/v2/blog/{blog}.tumblr.com/posts/text?api_key={key}&id={postId} but for multiple post IDs? The app I run needs to retrieve up-to-date information about multiple specific post IDs for each user and it would simplify things greatly for me (not to mention entail fewer requests to the service) if there was an endpoint to retrieve an array of specific posts.

Is this doable with the current API? (And if not, can I put in a request? :P )

Thanks,
Rosalind

Michael Ceyko

Jan 18, 2018, 3:47:38 PM1/18/18
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hi Rosalind,

Unfortunately, there is currently no such API. You need to either request posts one at a time, or fetch a page of posts in order.

If your code is taking too long to run, you may want to try parallelizing post lookup requests to the API. You should be able to make at least 10 simultaneous requests without much overhead.

Looking up multiple posts on a blog is a good idea though, and we will keep it in mind for the future.

Regards,
Mike