How to removing caption on photo post when reblog

Max Hike & Bike

Aug 11, 2015, 12:57:06 AM8/11/15
to Tumblr API Discussion
How to remove any caption on reblog with API? Like it does on web form with x-button

param caption='' - saves old caption.

Colir Pixoil

Feb 15, 2016, 6:14:42 AM2/15/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
+1; Do you find a way ?

Clare T

Mar 8, 2016, 4:28:18 AM3/8/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hello,

It's not documented (yet?), but you can pass the parameter attach_reblog_tree with a boolean, true for keeping the comments (the default), false for removing it.

Simon Roussel

Jan 3, 2018, 12:26:42 PM1/3/18
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hello,

Sorry to update this old post but I'd like to remove the reblog history on some posts and this method doesn't seem to work anymore...

Does anyone know the current way to do that ?

Thanks in advance

Michael Ceyko

Jan 4, 2018, 1:46:44 PM1/4/18
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hey Simon,

I've just tested this out on a photo post with two comments (one from the original post, one from a reblog) via this request:

POST /v2/blog/{{blog-identifier}}/post/reblog
id={{id}}
reblog_key={{reblog_key}}
attach_reblog_tree=false

The created reblog post only has a photo and no text, as expected. Can you provide some more information about the requests you're making and the responses you're seeing to help us understand the issue you're having?

Regards,
Mike