Reminder: Tulsa Python meeting tonight

Josh Mize

Sep 24, 2009, 5:32:08 PM9/24/09
to Tulsa Python User Group
In addition to reminding you about the meeting tonight, I would also like to notify everyone that messages from new members will be moderated to prevent spam. Only members can send messages to this group, but since it is open to everyone, a few spambots had joined the group and sent out a few messages. Those particular accounts have been banned, and enabling the message moderation for new members should prevent further abuses.

Thanks,
Josh Mize

Sep 24, 2009, 5:34:23 PM9/24/09
to tulsa...@googlegroups.com
Well, shoot... it was all these hot women that coerced me into going to the Python mtg in the first place!

;)

Sep 24, 2009, 5:46:24 PM9/24/09
to tulsa...@googlegroups.com
Josh

I've got parental duties tonight so I'm sorry but I can't make it.  Hope it goes well and I'll look forward to next month.

Regards

John

---
This message sent via handheld and thumbs. Pls excuse any brevity or errors.

David Cary

Oct 8, 2009, 5:21:57 PM10/8/09
to tulsa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Josh Mize,

> From: Josh Mize <jgm...@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:32:08 -0500
> We're
> also looking for some additional help with several projects on a contract
> basis, so if you're a Python developer interested in working with django,
> embedded Linux, and mobile applications, please send me your resume.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh Mize

Dear Josh Mize,

I'm more of an embedded Linux developer slowly learning to work with Python.
Perhaps I can help you with some of your projects.
Call me.

David Allen Cary
918-813-2279
d.car...@ieee.org
http://david.carybros.com/html/resume.html
227 S. 163 E. Ave.
Tulsa OK 74108-3310

I program embedded software.
I enjoy technical challenges and innovative projects.

Electronics prototyping:
circuit board design, Protel, soldering irons, Spice, oscilloscopes,
multimeters, and logic analyzers.

Computer programming:
C, C++, Java, JavaScript, CGI scripting, Microsoft Visual C++, Visual
Basic, Pascal, MatLab, Prolog, HTML, ARM, DSP56002, 68000, 80386,
68HC11, 68HC16, Cypress PSoC, and Microchip PIC assembly.

Application experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MathCAD

Employment:

Electronics Engineer - Carybros (2007 to 2009)
* Designed system that collects data while bolted to a propeller -
and that propeller is pulling the airplane through the air.
* Designed circuit boards for Global Safety Labs
* Designed circuit boards for Munnich Design

Electronics Engineer - Tron-Tek (2006)
* Built prototypes and wrote firmware for handheld DTMF
transmitter printed circuit board (PCB)
* maintained and improved firmware for pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) receiver

Electronics Engineer - Enduro PLS (2005)
* Designed, tested, and fixed mixed-signal electronic parts of the Smart Pig

Medical Electronics Engineer - Dr. Paul Krautter (2003 to 2005)
* Developed medical imaging prototype

Integration Engineer - Lamar Systems (2003)
* Assembled hardware subsystems and programmed glue software for
live real-time MPEG4 video-over-Internet prototypes

Product Design Engineer - MotorGuide Marine (1999 to 2002)
* Programmed all software for ViewSaver, a product that runs on a
PC and that enables the transfer and emailing of images from the sonar
display
* Improved trolling motor power electronics to reduce net cost
* Designed the electronics for five sonar display circuit boards
* Maintained embedded software in C and in ARM assembly language

Research Assistant - OSU Oklahoma Imaging Laboratory (with Lucent)
(1998 to 1999)
* Programmed automated infrared circuit board analysis application
* Analyzed circuit board faults with infrared video camera

Electronic and Software Engineer - Sunset Laboratory, Inc. (1992 to 1997)
* Developed software for EyeDentify retina scanner, including
RS-485 network protocol
* Developed software for automated air pollution measuring system
(NIOSH Method 5040)
* Debugged and improved the design of a data acquisition interface board
* Programmed VxD (Windows 95 device driver) for AIB-PC8 interface board
* Programmed DLLs in Microsoft Visual C++ to interface with
proprietary hardware devices
* Authored corporate web site

Education:

M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater OK; GPA = 3.3 (1997 to 1999)
B.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, with honors
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater OK; GPA = 3.5 (1988 to 1993)
* Computer Science and Mathematics minors; National Merit Scholar

Member: IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)