pyArkansas 2011 - Announcement and Call For Papers

1 view

Chad Cooper (CAST)

Sep 22, 2011, 2:31:16 PM9/22/11
to Chad Cooper (CAST)
ANNOUNCEMENT

Plans for the pyArkansas 2011 Python conference are underway. The 4th annual conference will be held October 22 on the campus of UCA (Computer Science Department). The conference is totally FREE and anyone interested in, using, wanting to learn, or just curious about the Python programming language is encouraged to attend.

For more information about the conference and to register to attend, go to http://www.pyarkansas.org

CALL FOR PAPERS

Talks are 50 minutes (40 minutes of you talking and then 10-minutes for questions) and can be on anything Python.  Are you using a standard library module that's really cool?  Perhaps a third party package that you think other people should know about?  What about that killer project where you did something interesting or fun using Python?  This is a chance for you to share your knowledge with an audience that wants to hear what you have to say!  Don't think you have to be a "Python heavyweight" to present; if you are doing something interesting, we want to hear from you (and we're bringing in a couple of heavyweights to give tutorials and talks of their own).  We want a wide selection of topics and skill levels for the conference.

Do you have a paper you would like to present?  This year, we have a special track for students (High School and College/University) to present academic papers (25-minute slots).  How cool is that?

Without talks, there is no pyArkansas.  You don't want that, do you?

If you are interested, please email the following information to pyar2-or...@python.org (don't "reply" to this).
  • Talk Title
  • A brief (a paragraph or two) description of your talk
  • Intended audience (beginner, intermediate, advanced, web developer, gamer, astronomer, etc.)
  • A brief blurb about you (that we can put on the website)
  • Length (papers are 25-minutes, talks are 50-minutes.  There are a few longer talks slots available if you feel you need a little more time)
We'll look them all over and make the selections by October 1 to give you time to prepare.

We're looking forward to seeing you speak this year!