T4

Tulane Med Students

Aug 31, 2005, 6:02:58 PM8/31/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Please post T4 topics here

Lisa Wu

Aug 31, 2005, 11:40:12 PM8/31/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hi folks! I'm in Seattle currently, just got back from Hawaii. Let me
know if any of you are in the area. Hope everyone is safe. Wu
E-mail me at lis...@aol.com
P.S. I've heard from Danielle, she's in Las Vegas, Mary Tang is in
Atlanta and Jacquelyn, Ash, Jenny S & Katie are in Dallas.

Message has been deleted

jacquely...@yahoo.com

Aug 31, 2005, 11:42:25 PM8/31/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey guys! I'm in Dallas. I hope everyone made it out OK. I know I
have talked to tons of people. The only one I know that didn't get out
is Susan Seo. She sent me a horrific text message last night asking
for help but I haven't been able to get ahold of her since. If anyone
has any suggestions, please let me know.
I hope that everyone is OK, and though I know we are all worried about
our personal possessions, at least we are safe. I am thinking of all
of you. Take care and I hope to see you all again soon(er).

Jacquelyn

Lisa Wu

Aug 31, 2005, 11:56:13 PM8/31/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Try American Red Cross (866) 438-4636. I don't know Susan's address.
Do you know if that's where she'd be?

Wu

deeron21

Aug 31, 2005, 11:58:43 PM8/31/05
to Tulane Medical Students
hey all,

Kristin and I are going to be in Dallas for the next month doing
rotations at UTSW. Don't have any contact info yet, but hope everyone
is safe and doing well.

jacquely...@yahoo.com

Sep 1, 2005, 12:00:16 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
She's was at Deming (204 South Saratoga) last I heard. Monik was going
to try the Red Cross...hope they got something. Thanks

Matt Wilson

Sep 1, 2005, 12:03:52 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey everyone,

I'm in Tulsa doing fine. I'll be in Portsmouth, VA starting Monday.
You can email me at tulaneme...@netscape.net. Hope everyone is
well.

-Matt

Melissa Hayes

Sep 1, 2005, 12:06:15 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hi all,
Chris and I are in Houston at the Holiday Inn. We will be in
Brunswick, GA Monday or Tuesday until we can come back to the city.
Check www.aamc.org for updates about the school. Last time I checked,
it looks like we are going to Jackson Mississippi... I miss everyone
and New Orleans already and I wish everyone the best.
Melissa

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 12:09:08 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
This is a message from Rami :)

rape...@gmail.com Aug 31, 9:02 pm show options

We are currently with Andrea's cousins in Ft Worth. We will likely be
here for a few more days en route to Los Angeles to be with my family.
I hope you all are well and I look forward to hearing from y'all.

With love,
-Rami-

Benjamin Seides

Sep 1, 2005, 12:16:50 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hi,

I'm stuck in Washington D.C. trying to figure out what the hell is goin
on. Write me at sei...@alum.dartmouth.org or text my phone (i can
receive text messages and make outgoing phone calls but can't receive
calls, i.e. retarded) if you wanna reach me. hope everyone is well

ben

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 12:22:23 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
this message is from monik

1. monikko...@hotmail.co­m Aug 31, 9:18 pm show options

Hi guys,
I am in Maryland. I hope that everyone is ok. Susan is in Demming. We
contacted Red Cross, they are suppose to call us back tomorrow. Any
other ideas?
Monik
monikkowalc...@hotmail.com
301-674-8005

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 12:31:35 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. Mike McCabe Aug 31, 9:30 pm show options

Hanging out in Kansas City, KS right now and headed to St Louis for a
month at Wash U. later this month. If you're in the area or need
something: mpmc...@yahoo.com or 504-975-2905 whenever the phones start
working properly again. Hope everyone is safe and well.

-Mike

Bittman

Sep 1, 2005, 12:38:26 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hello from New York,
Got here safely and have been watching more CNN than is recommended.
Everyone I have spoken to got out unscathed--even Ira who chose
(unwisely) to evacuate to Gulfport, MS. I will be doing a rotation
this month at LIJ Medical Center on Long Island. They were very
understanding to our situation. Here are a couple of websites you
might find useful: www.gnocdc.org <-- this site has a topographical
map of NO so you can perhaps predict, based on your apartment's
relation to sea level, how much flooding to expect. www.nola.com has a
blog of personal accounts and a forum for getting in touch with people,
much like this group. Well, that is all for now. Be good, keep in
touch and I look forward to hearing your stories,
Mark

Jenny

Sep 1, 2005, 12:49:45 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey all, I'm in Northern VA twiddling my thumbs until I can find
something useful to do. Give me a call or email if you're in the area
or need anything.
703-796-6067
whitm...@hotmail.com
Take care!
Jenny

BLD121

Sep 1, 2005, 12:53:48 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey Guys this is Brooke. I am currently in West Palm Beach at my
Grandparents and my family is moving to Destin on Tuesday for the next
couple of months. I am going to be making calls tomorow might end up
in Dallas with a lot of other people. Talk to you all soon hopefully.
I can be reached at 561-304-0206 Hope all is well I will be reading
this and constantly checking it for updates.
We will all get through this and be at graduation in May 2006.

monikko...@hotmail.com

Sep 1, 2005, 1:27:52 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Another good link where u can
View maps of flooded areas and closed roads
http://www.fema.gov/press/2005/resources_katrina.shtm
monik

Message has been deleted

Catherine

Sep 1, 2005, 3:00:59 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hope everyone is OK and your loved ones are safe. I am in Los Angeles
with my parents. I got in my car Sunday to evacuate and just kept on
driving. Take care and you can email me at catherine...@yahoo.com

sharro...@aol.com

Sep 1, 2005, 7:46:24 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hello All...I'm in Little Rock and the Med School here has been great.
They are letting me start a rotation on Friday, and have offered
anything that I need. They are also willing (and waiting) to see how
many other Tulane students need help. There was a T-4 leaving for 2
months who has sublet her apartment to us, and since it looks like we
are going to be here awhile we might just start looking for a more
permanent place. My husband (LSU staff/fellow) got an email that LSU
willbe resuming classes for the med school in Baton Rouge in the next
month or so.

I talked to Nadia, who talked to her landlord, who talked to her
brother...who is in New Orleans...who said the Napoleon/St. Charles
area is relatively unscathed. He said very little to no water, and
trees down but nothing major. I suppose that could change based on
which block you are on...

I am praying for Susan, I hope she got with the national guard and got
herself out of there...if anybody could survive the craziness there it
is Susan.

A nurse with the Little Rock angle network was on TV last night who
said that the Oschner area is pretty okay, and they are operating very
well all things considered.

I'm sure that everyone has heard that the Red Cross is begging any
medical person to come back and help with the 40,000 refugees. They are
even sending faxes to the med schools around the country asking for med
students. I have really thought about it, and I just can't make myself
go back. I don't think I would be of much help...I'd probably just
stand around crying or something stupid.
I was a Red Cross volunteer for 9/11, but when it is your home, your
friends, your community...

AshBowen

Sep 1, 2005, 8:23:20 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
volunteer,
i called the lsuhsc triage/staging area they are looking for
volunteers,
here is the number 225-763-5762, i'm looking for housing in baton
rouge, but they have not called back with an official assignment,
Ash

jld

Sep 1, 2005, 9:26:11 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey guys! We're in Austin right now but are going to head to San Diego
this weekend. I guess I'm going to enroll Zoe in school out there.
She only got 2 days of Kindergarten in NO! I'm starting rotations in
Los Angeles Sep 12. jessi...@yahoo.com Stay safe and have fun!
Hope to see you soon (I also get text messages: 504-388-0761)

m_e_...@yahoo.com

Sep 1, 2005, 9:31:44 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
I'm in Miami for the month of sept and then I'm headed for Atlanta for
the month of October. There's streaming video from new orleans at
http://www.wwltv.com Visit me in Miami.
--Mike Gomez

vinnyjessi

Sep 1, 2005, 9:47:08 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey guys. Jessi and I made it safely to North Carolina. We still have
some room available if anyone needs a place to stay for a while. Either
email us at vinny...@yahoo.com or give us a call at 919-563-1733 and
ask to talk to one of us or leave a message for one of us. Best of luck
to all of you.

Jenny Robinson

Sep 1, 2005, 11:09:15 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students

gaddy4

Sep 1, 2005, 11:24:47 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hi everybody, I did evacuate to Gulfport, brilliant. Our house hot
about 5 feet of water and a 34 foot yacht crashed into it. Currently
in northern MS after three days of showering from a bucket.
Considering going to NY to try and do a rotation. Any word about
whether it'll count etc? I'm sure it will, that would be terrible. Is
anybody considering going back to help?

jacquely...@yahoo.com

Sep 1, 2005, 11:25:19 AM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey yall,
I got a call from U. of Cincinnati this am (I am supposed to be doing
and externship there in October). They have openings for this block in
the ENT department, if anyone is looking for something to do. You can
find their number on the website. They have two positions available.

bplancha

Sep 1, 2005, 12:04:38 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey everyone,

This is Brian Planchard, and I'm in Shreveport, LA. Just posted to let
you know that LSUS medical school in Shreveport will likely be taking
4th years on a first come first serve basis according to the registrar
that I just talked to. Though no formal decision has been made, he said
they'll probably have enough room for anyone wanting to do an elective
at the last minute (like me).

--Brian Planchard
bpla...@yahoo.com

Carey Terry

Sep 1, 2005, 12:28:08 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey, I'm in Ft. Collins CO, no worries, very high and very dry. I
never even made it back to N.O. after my rotation to Sierra Leone, all
told it's been 3 months since I have laid eyes on the city.
Check the website www.AAMC.org for *official* info from the med
school, apparently they are relocating to Jackson Miss.
U of Colorado is currently thinking about letting med students
join them, I'll post more when I know myself.
Damien is safe and sound in Corpus Chrisiti, Texas. He evacuated
on Sat.
Andy was in the city for the hurricane, and evacuated only
yesterday (in my truck) after the levy was breeched and rising water
threatened to cut off escape routes. He evacuated 4 adults, 4 kids and
a large poodle through water up to the hood of the car. Now he's safe
and healthy in Baton Rouge and trying to fly out.
I'm looking to go back and help out with relief efforts, if anyone
has any hook-ups/contact info I'd' be much obliged, thanks Ash for the
LSU number.

-Carey Terry
carey...@hotmail.com
970-556-1030
504 913-1928

AshBowen

Sep 1, 2005, 12:34:15 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
the coordinator for the family practice program in enid, tracey bittle,
is a friend of my parents and has spots available she can be reached at
580-242-1300 x227, also she can direct you to the right people to talk
to in oklahoma city, ok, if you need place to stay in enid my mom's
cell is 580541-1334, me and adam oskowitz leave tonight for baton
rouge, i'll update when i can text message to 504-400-4560 if you need
something,
good luck,
Ash

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 12:56:07 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
cidney...@hotmail.com Sep 1, 9:29 am show options

From: "cidneyhul...@hotmail.com" <cidneyhul...@hotmail.com> - Find
messages by this author
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:29:14 -0700
Subject: Cidney
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I am in LA @ UCLA, I am using the email cidneyhul...@hotmail.com, my
cell phone, 5019607995 works fine, I will be here for a month then a
month @ U Chicago...

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 12:57:57 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
JonasWiltz Sep 1, 7:53 am show options

From: "JonasWiltz" <jok...@aol.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:53:10 -0700
Subject: Jonas Wiltz
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hey everybody,
I just happened to leave on Thursday to go and visit meredith. Now
we're both back in Arlington,Virginia, and I'm pretty much just sitting

on my ass. My family who lives in Franklin made out just fine,
unfortunately alot of my relatives don't know how their houses made out

since they live in New Orleans East. Anyway, if you need anything email

me at jok...@aol.com. I'll be in boston in the october block and new
york in the november block. If anyone is in the area or will be in
boston/new york in the next couple of months give me a holler.

If you happened to forget your ERAS token in the city and were close to

finishing (like yours truly) just email them. They replied to my email
in a few hours.

-jonas

rvargas1

Sep 1, 2005, 1:00:18 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hi everyone. This is Rosie Vargas (T3). I spoke with Dr. Kahn a few
minutes ago and he said that the AAMC has waived Dean's letter
requirements for T4s from Tulane this year. He wanted me to pass that
along.

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 1:24:55 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
shannon & Josh Sep 1, 10:15 am show options

From: "shannon & Josh" <und...@comcast.net> - Find messages by this
author
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:15:25 -0700
Subject: Shannon & Josh in Montana
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Shannon & Josh are in Montana. They can be reached at 504-232-4799 if
cell is working. Or at 406-682-7460 if not. email -
shannonry...@hotmail.com

Ine

Sep 1, 2005, 1:31:29 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Kim and I are currently in Denver at her parents house after a very
exciting cross-halfcountry trip on her birthday. I really don't
recommend ever driving through either Missouri or Kansas. But we're
here and safe. I'm planning to do some tripping around the country for
the next week or two. Going to Dallas on Saturday, then Atlanta the
following week, and then up to DC where hopefully I can follow in
Jonas' footsteps and do some rotations. If anyone wants to hang out in
any of the above cities, email me at: tang...@hotmail.com. Kim can
receive text messages and occasionally her phone lets through an
incoming call. Mine is sadly less effective. Hope everyone is doing ok!!

rape...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2005, 2:38:22 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Andrea and I have setup a new phone number... (818)984-1584 in case
anyone needs to reach us. We would be happy to offer any support for
anyone out west. We should be arriving in Los Angeles in the coming
couple of days.
-Rami-

jswa...@hotmail.com

Sep 1, 2005, 2:51:00 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey guys-
FYI the University of Minnesota is accepting us for rotations beginning
next week, and they're even waiving the application fee. The curriculum
Affairs phone number is (612) 626-4200. Hope everyone is safe!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 3:17:19 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. josephi...@gmail.com Sep 1, 11:40 am show options

From: "josephine.k...@gmail.com" <josephine.k...@gmail.com> - Find
messages by this author
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:40:57 -0700
Subject: Rotations in Chicago
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I'll be in Chicago for the next 3 months doing electives at University
of Chicago, Illinois Masonic Hospital and Northwestern (all set up
before). If anyone would like help trying to set up rotations in
Chicago, or needs a place to stay for a bit in Chicago (my new
apartment is very small), I'd be happy to help.

Josephine

Message has been deleted

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 4:21:20 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students

39. Scott Meier Sep 1, 1:08 pm show options

From: "Scott Meier" <sme...@gmail.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:08:29 -0700
Subject: Re: T4 in Montana
original | Report Abuse

Hey, I hope everyone is well. If anyone needs a place to crash in
Houston, just let me know, my door is always open. Either call
504-220-8586 (if it let's you through) or email me at sme...@gmail.com.

I'm doing a rotation at Baylor. From the Baylor and UT Houston
administrators that I've talked to, it sounds like Tulane has been
working pretty hard to get us rotations out here. On a side note, last

night, 15 patients flew in from New Orleans hospitals to be treated.
However, it sounds like a lot of doctors and nurses are still stuck at
the hospital, so think good thoughts for them. I hope you all are
safe!

Scott

L Jensen

Sep 1, 2005, 4:32:29 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hi all,

My husband and I are safe in Houston right now. We're trying to work
out things with our insurance to deliver the baby in Utah, where my
mother-in-law lives. If you ever want to see more news about us, you
can visit my LiveJournal:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/j00n13/

matstrickland

Sep 1, 2005, 7:34:11 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey all, this is Mat Strickland, I hope all is well with you. Sounds
like most got out okay, except for Susan ??? I am concerned about her
too. Let me know if we have heard about how she is doing.

I'm in Oakland, California right now...if anyone is trying to set up
rotations out here let me know and maybe we can work together. I am
doing a peds rotation starting Sept. 26 which I had already set up.

I hope all is well. My e-mail is matstr...@yahoo.com

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 7:49:53 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. satvik Sep 1, 4:40 pm show options

From: "satvik" <satv...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:40:58 -0700
Subject: whereabouts
original | Report Abuse

Hi everyone. Hope all of you are safe. I evacuated to Dallas with my
family and we are all doing well. The number here is 214-403-1107. Like

many of you, I will be doing an unexpected rotation this month at UTSW.

If anyone is in the Dallas area and would like to do a rotation, the
faculty here are all very nice and accommodating. Hope everyone is well

and safe.
-satvik

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 7:50:51 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. Chavon Blackburn Sep 1, 4:48 pm show options

From: "Chavon Blackburn" <chavi...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this
author
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:48:41 -0700
Subject: Up North

original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hi All! Its good to hear most people are safe and making arrangements
to continue life as a 4th year. I happened to be visiting my boyfriend

in Minneapolis before the storm hit and looks like I will be between
here and Chicago for a while. Like Jenny said, Univ of MN is waiving
their fee. I won't start my UMN rotation until Oct 3rd, gonna take
some time to regroup and "theoretically" study for the boards. Stay
prayerful and hopeful, hope to see you all soon!

Chavon

palakt

Sep 1, 2005, 8:12:31 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hi guys
I am in Shreveport at the 'rents - I am working with a family friend
who is a family doctor here and then going to baylor for an anesthesia
rotation. then..who knows.

i can be reached at
318 747 2239
pbtur...@hotmail.com

stay safe
palak

Tulane Med Students

Sep 1, 2005, 8:53:40 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. Mario Sep 1, 5:00 pm show options

What's up all? Glad to hear so many made it out safe and are doing well

given the circumstances. I'm in Houston doing a rotation at Baylor. If

anyone needs some help, especially in contacting people here or
whatever let me know, you can email me at supermar...@hotmail.com.

Stay safe and good luck. Thank Sam for this sight when you see him!

Matt Wilson

Sep 1, 2005, 8:55:35 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Addendum: New cell number is (918)237-0045. OU Tulsa was very
accommodating if anyone is looking for a place to do rotations. I'll
be away for 2 months but can come back to Tulsa and finish if need be.
In case you are looking for a place.

Eric Schmitt

Sep 1, 2005, 9:38:05 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Am currently in Tucson doing a month at U of Arizona, glad to hear that
everyone else is safe. My stupid phone only works some of the time,
but you can e-mail me at
ericrs...@yahoo.com

Ine

Sep 1, 2005, 10:01:27 PM9/1/05
to Tulane Medical Students
think i might come down and help too. do you have an email address?
where did you guys end up finding housing?

TrevorOwen

Sep 2, 2005, 12:17:39 AM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey all,

Good to hear from all of you. I left NOLA Saturday before the
storm for an away at UC Davis. Julie, my brother and his grilfriend
drove out to Austin and are now going to drive back out to CA. I am
headed to the UC Davis Medschol tomorrow to chat with them about
finishing up the next few months out here...I'll check and see if they
can accomadate me and others. Take care.

tow...@cox.net or if it works 504-352-8120

kristina

Sep 2, 2005, 12:43:45 AM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hello everyone - I hope you're all safe, and that all of your
friends and loved ones from the gulf coast are accounted for. David
and I are in Chicago with his parents for the time being. Of note: If
anyone needs help with coordinating PET RESCUES, I have tons of contact
information for Noah's Wish, American Humane Association, etc.
Please give me a call on dave's cell at 617-694-9972, or email me at
khld...@hotmail.com. Additionally, I'm trying to work with one of
the Chicago Bulls players who is from Slidell to organize fundraising
efforts in Chicago - if anyone else will be here, I'd love help!
I'm thinking of all of you and I'm so appreciative for this
website! I believe it was Sam that set it up - Thank You!!

Jenny Robinson

Sep 2, 2005, 2:17:24 AM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
If anyone has been able to get in touch with the LSU system about
volunteering, please let me know. I've tried to call them several
times and haven't been able to get through. Another avenue to get back
to NO is the Red Cross. In the northern VA area they are doing crash
course training sessions for volunteers who are willing to go for at
least three weeks. I'm signed up for a training on Monday and will let
you know more details once I have them about transportation, the kind
of work that needs doing, etc. Take care, everyone.

Tulane Med Students

Sep 2, 2005, 3:11:16 AM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. Audrey Sep 1, 9:20 pm show options

Audrey
T4
I'm in Boca Raton, FL
504-231-1975 but probably doesn't work!!
I have been here since saturday and just sitting on my butt like some
of you, although it seems most of you are doing a rotation. Anyone
planning on going back to NO to pick up stuff (like your car if you
flew?)
Hope everyone is well.
I guess I'll be going to Houston, or maybe Miami.
Stay safe and dry!

Tulane Med Students

Sep 2, 2005, 3:12:21 AM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. szekim Sep 1, 11:19 pm show options

Hi all,
we have been here for 2 days after spending 3 nights in the car with
our dogs. we're fine. number here is 662-334-1818. hope all are
well.
alex and szekim

Tulane Med Students

Sep 2, 2005, 3:13:27 AM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. gshah Sep 1, 8:09 pm show options

Hi Everyone,

I spoke to the Dean of Academic Affairs at UT-San Antonio today and
they are having a meeting tomorrow about how they can help T3s and T4s
in the area. Once I hear back, I will definately post it. If anyone is
interested, please email me at gbs...@hotmail.com and my number
318-572-8850.

Take Care

Gopi

Carey Terry

Sep 2, 2005, 10:27:38 AM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey Ine, I'm renting a car and heading down tomorrow I think I'm in
Ft. Collins, and I can pass right through Denver. Give me a
call/e-mail if you are interested in the ride.

-carey terry
504 913 1928 or 970 556 1030
carey...@hotmail.com

Drew & Christine

Sep 2, 2005, 11:08:03 AM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey, all, this is Drew and Christine. We're in Columbus, GA (Ft.
Benning) right now doing our sub-I's. We came from rotations in
Fairfax, VA (& Ft. Belvoir) outside D.C. in Aug., so we've been away
from NO for awhile. For the Oct. block we'll be in Augusta, GA
(Medical College of GA and Ft. Gordon) doing more rotations. Our apt.
phone # for this month is 706-653-8132. Glad to hear so many made it
out safe -- we're praying for Susan and everyone else. Let us know if
anyone needs help in the GA area.

God bless,
Drew and Christine (drewba...@yahoo.com)

Audrey

Sep 2, 2005, 11:29:45 AM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students

lindsay

Sep 2, 2005, 12:21:00 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
john and i are fine. in st louis for now. going to san antonio at the
end of the month. then will be back in stl for nov/dec and then phoenix
for jan/feb. jr email is johnrdp...@hotmail.com
mine is leut...@yahoo.com
my rents # is 636 265 1824.
hope everyone is well.

Catherine

Sep 2, 2005, 2:30:13 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey everyone. I am in Los Angeles with my parents, and I will be doing
a rotation at USC in september and then UCLA in October. My parents
said that if any of you would like to come to LA to do a rotation, you
are welcome to stay at their home. With my brother and sister no
longer living here, we have several extra beds, and my mom is a pretty
good cook :) Give a call at 847 722-8132 if you're interested!
:) Catherine

Kapil

Sep 2, 2005, 3:07:52 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey Y'all. I am here with Vinita and my parents in Baton Rouge. I was
in the MD/MBA program and have no idea what's going on with that--if
anyone knows, please let me know. If anyone is in Baton Rouge, give
Vinita a call at 504-352-0565 (she can receive calls) and we can meet
up. Hope you all are doing ok.

Tulane Med Students

Sep 2, 2005, 3:22:36 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. craiger Sep 2, 10:19 am show options

All-

First of all, thanks to Jenny Robinson for letting me know about this
site. Knowing this exists has let a huge weight off my back. I had no
way of contacting anyone to see if people made it out OK, especially
with the phones not working and no Tulane mail

Glad to hear you are all safe and sound. I have been freaking out here

in Mali, unable to get any work done. Due to horrible internet access
(56k modems everywhere, frequent interruptions, and few places to plug
in to the modem) my info has been spotty at best. I am sick to the
core with what is happening to our city, but I know that things will
improve.

I will email more very soon. I am thinking of you all. And, there are
always rotations here in Mali. . . .

Later,

Craiger

You can get ahold of me at the following email:

craig.con...@gmail.com

Tulane Med Students

Sep 2, 2005, 3:34:00 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. szekim Sep 2, 11:42 am show options

hi all--left my car in HEAL. anyone know whether the garage is intact?

szekim

Tulane Med Students

Sep 2, 2005, 3:46:05 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. Sudha Sep 2, 12:07 pm show options

i don't know if you'll be able to find you're home, or if you really
want to, but there is a website showing satellite imagery of the
post-katrina areas. i am also not sure when exactly these photos were
taken. some cloud coverage makes me think it was relatively soon after

the storm.... ngs.woc.NOAA.gov/katrina

Jenny Robinson

Sep 2, 2005, 4:00:23 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
More schools that are being helpful with last-minute rotations: George
Washington U. in DC, U. of Pittsburgh, and UVA. I've talked to people
in all of their Offices of Student Affairs and the response has been
"get us what you can for applications and we'll work with you to find
space in a rotation." Who knows, maybe some of us will end up working
together at some of these distant sites!
How much does it suck that this weekend is a long weekend (in terms of
contacting schools)?

Benjamin Seides

Sep 2, 2005, 4:30:57 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey Everyone,

I'm up here in Washington D.C. and starting a sub-I in medicine at a
George Washington University on tuesday (my team is on call that
day,sweet!). Anyway, I am passing along an offer from both Georgetown
University as well as George Washington University to accomodate any
3rd and 4th year medical students in whatever way they can, space
permitting. No fees, no applications even really. They have been super
cool about everything. On another note, Oskowitz and Ash are on their
way down to Baton Rouge to work with the Red Cross, and Oskowitz asked
me to pass along the info that Harvard Med School is willing to
accomodate students in need of rotations (contact office of admissions)
and is also taking Ob/gyn residents into their hospitals as well. Also,
about 400 New Orleans evacuees are being brought to the Washington D.C.
to the D.C. armory on Monday and will be in need of preliminary health
screening and volunteers are needed so if you are in town and want to
help call my new cell at 202-351-1700 or write at
sei...@alum.dartmouth.org. Take Care

ben

Audrey

Sep 2, 2005, 4:44:32 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students

Mark,
Do you know what schools up in New York would be willing to accomodate
us? Let me know. Thanks
Audrey

Tulane Med Students

Sep 2, 2005, 6:24:23 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students

Lisa Wu

Sep 2, 2005, 8:56:36 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Maybe I need to make it back out East, the University of Washington has
been quite stand-offish about the whole situation and says they'll have
a response for me next week sometime.
Lisa

jacquely...@yahoo.com

Sep 2, 2005, 9:20:56 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey ya'll,
Some friends of the family here in Dallas are offering the guest wing
of their house for anyone who will be in town on a rotation, or just to
hanging out. They are great people and a really nice house. The guy
is a general surgeon and may be able to help you out getting a
rotation. Just let me know if you are interested.

Nadia

Sep 2, 2005, 11:47:49 PM9/2/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Good to hear everyone is ok, I made it back to the SF bay area and have
tried to set up rotations at UCSF and Stanford. UCSF has been helpful
but also a little standoffish, they say that they need to wait to hear
what the AAMC Plan is so that everything is done right. Stanford didn't
even have the courtesy to reply to my email. Good to hear that east
coast schools are being so great.

Jenny Robinson

Sep 3, 2005, 12:36:09 AM9/3/05
to Tulane Medical Students
On the subject of east coast schools, my mom has decided that she would
like nothing more than to babysit a couple of med students, so if
anyone is planning on setting up a rotation in the northern Virginia or
DC area and needs a place to stay, let me know. A warning, though - we
are not downtown and getting from my mom's house to the city requires a
commute involving a bus and the Metro. It's really not that bad, but I
don't want to mislead anyone. Give me a call if you are in the area:
703-796-6067.

Tulane Med Students

Sep 3, 2005, 1:34:56 PM9/3/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. SharronMas...@aol.com Sep 3, 6:34 am show options

Dear Craig,

I wanted to let you know...I just didn't know how.

Stephen and I are in Little Rock. The school has been wonderful. Maybe

you'll want to come back here?

Life as we know it is changed. I am trying to not think of what has
happened
to our home, our community, our lives, our friends. We are a strong
people,
we will make this horrible, horrible tragedy into something we can be
proud
of. We are going to go on.

I'm so sorry that you have had to worry about all of us for so long. I

haven't heard of anyone being hurt. We have all lost a bunch of stuff
(I sure wish
I had not spent so much on books!) and we are going to have to find new

homes for the near future, but all in all we came out so much better
than we
could have. Thank God we did not lose any classmates. I haven't found a
way to
check on the office staff or the nurses...but I will.

Craig, don't worry. Everybody is going to be okay. We are all going to
find
ways to bloom where we land. Now is the time that we need you! We need
our
class president back. We need your leadership to help form a clear
path. What do
you say? Care to be Class President from Mali?

Love,

Sharron

2. SharronMas...@aol.com Sep 3, 6:42 am show options

No offense to Chris. He's gonna be busy trying to figure out how to
help
himself.

Tulane Med Students

Sep 3, 2005, 1:35:56 PM9/3/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. maya mathew Sep 3, 10:30 am show options

hey everyone-
im in atlanta with my family. i can be reached on my cell: (703)
725-2693. i am trying to set up rotations at emory and mcg for october
and november. please contact me if you are in the area or are planning
to come here, i would be glad to help.
maya (mayamathe...@yahoo.com)

Jenny Robinson

Sep 3, 2005, 4:01:15 PM9/3/05
to Tulane Medical Students
New cell phone number: 703-945-2115

JKeyes

Sep 4, 2005, 1:09:43 AM9/4/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hello,
I am trying to pave the way for anybody wanting to take a rotation
through the U Rochester/Strong Memorial Emergency department. If
anyone is interested, please let me know. I have room if someone needs
a place to stay. I hope everyone is OK. If anyone (particularly those
interested in EM) needs help or advice please let me know.

Jay Keyes TMS '04
webf...@hotmail.com
504-473-3406 (c)
585-220-8934 (p)

Tulane Med Students

Sep 4, 2005, 2:27:28 PM9/4/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. Benjamin Seides Sep 2, 2:24 pm show options

From: "Benjamin Seides" <benjamin.sei...@alum.dartmouth.org> - Find
messages by this author
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:24:54 -0700
Subject: Exact Locations of New Orleans Flooding
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Howdy,

In case you were wondering whether your apartment/house was inundated
by the levee breach go to http://earth.google.com/. In case you don't
know what this is , it is an extremely cool program that lets you zoom
into any place on earth down to the street intersection level. Its all
composited from satellite photos, I think. In any event, they have a
special flood overlay of New Orleans which allows you to see exactly
where the flooding extends to in the city and you can look up your
address, or nearest intersection and see how you fared versus the
rising floodwaters. On a general level, looks like everything from
lower garden district and further uptown survived with minimal to no
flooding and those points closest to the river stayed especially dry.
Of course, this info says nothing of what might be happeneing as
regards damage from the hurricane itself, or any other property loss
secondary to looting, water moccasins, or any other new biblical-type
aftermath that may evolve. Nevertheless, if you are reading this, you
are probably safe, and that's what matters, after all. Wishing everyone

well.

Ben

Tulane Med Students

Sep 4, 2005, 2:30:22 PM9/4/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. Mike McCabe Sep 2, 1:29 pm show options

From: "Mike McCabe" <mpmc...@yahoo.com> - Find messages by this author

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:29:58 -0700
Subject: Applying to Tulane/LSU residencies

original | Remove | Report Abuse

Just wanted to get a string going for any of us who plan to apply to
Tulane/LSU/Oschner through ERAS. Has anyone heard if we are supposed
to go ahead and submit our applications to these programs now or wait
until the dust settles some? Will there be a general university policy

or will it be department-dependent? Any input from Dr. Kahn/Dr. Krane
would be helpful guidance and appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Benjamin Seides Sep 2, 1:43 pm show options

From: "Benjamin Seides" <benjamin.sei...@alum.dartmouth.org> - Find
messages by this author
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:43:41 -0700
Subject: Re: Applying to Tulane/LSU residencies
original | Remove | Report Abuse

anyone have contact info for dr krane and/or dr kahn?

moehlen

Sep 4, 2005, 2:49:22 PM9/4/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey Class:

Martin here in New Jersey, about 15 minutes from New York City.
Just got in from a road trip through Knoxville, TN with C.O.B., went to
D.C., and now here. My number here is (201) 568-9462 and my e-mail is
rickbl...@yahoo.com . Called NYU Wednesday of last week and they
were not able to accomodate me for an away rotation at that time
(didn't have proof of being a student, needed a dean's signature,
etc.), looking at other options in the City and hopefully a Yankee game
or two. Let me know if you're in the area. Take care, and glad to
hear you all are safe.

Best,
Martin

justin....@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2005, 4:25:24 PM9/4/05
to Tulane Medical Students

justin....@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2005, 4:36:11 PM9/4/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Ok, I'm 33 and we didn't have the internet when I was in college so I
think I screwed up that first post. In brief, in Bethesda, MD @ the
Naval hospital. Recommend that any Navy students trying to get out to
San Diego into already full rotations call Mrs. Pedersen for some help.
She hooked me up. I'm off to San Diego for OCT and then home in MPLS
for the balance of the semester. Any takers? See why Jenny S. and I
won't shut-up about the place. Currently at The Clarion, Bethesda, MD
@ 301.654.1000 room 531. Am currently looking for a place where I can
leave my truck for the month of October while I fly out to San Diego.
Any thoughts? Can also be reached at new e-dress:
justin....@gmail.com. Hope all is well.

Justin H.

neel

Sep 5, 2005, 12:37:39 AM9/5/05
to Tulane Medical Students

Hey guys,

Glad to hear from everyone. Jagan and are doing well. We are
currently in Lafayette (heart of cajun land) and just chilling out.
Actually we are just studying for step 2 and getting buff at RED's. I
just bought a new phone temporarily as the service on our pre-existing
phones improves. The new number is 504 261-4076. My old cell is 505
701-5561. This number periodically works but the text message is fully
functional. My new e-mail is ngupta...@yahoo.com. IWe hope to see
everyone soon. Good luck, stay safe, and best wishes.

Neel and Jagan Gupta

Tulane Med Students

Sep 5, 2005, 1:03:30 PM9/5/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. Drew & Christine Sep 5, 8:27 am show options

From: "Drew & Christine" <drewbaird2...@yahoo.com> - Find messages by
this author
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 08:27:16 -0700
Subject: Tuition question
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Does anyone happen to know how we go about paying tuition for the
semester/schoolyear

Tulane Med Students

Sep 5, 2005, 1:05:59 PM9/5/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. lklucia Sep 5, 7:31 am show options

From: "lklucia" <lindsaykr...@yahoo.com> - Find messages by this author

Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:31:22 -0000
Subject: Personal Comments in lieu of Deans Letter

original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that you can still log on to
myevaluations.com and compile a list of all your personal comments from

rotations last year.

Hope this helps.

Lindsay

L Jensen

Sep 6, 2005, 7:56:21 AM9/6/05
to Tulane Medical Students
After looking through Kim G's beautiful T4 roster (THANK YOU, Kim!
Nice job!), I wanted to give some updates for people not on the list...

I talked to Kimone James yesterday, and she's staying in Atlanta, GA.
She says that Ashli Phillips is also somewhere in the Atlanta vicinity.
I believe Kimone said that Kim Gordon is staying in Baltimore right
now. I also spoke with Becky Delancey, and she's in the Detroit, MI
area. She's doing fine, and actually just got engaged over the
weekend! If you ever make it to this post, Congrats Becky!

I've also spoke with Dr. Cusick, and she's in Montana, en route to
California. She's doing well, but her family is scattered across
America (son in Houston, daughter in Mississippi, husband in Arkansas).
If anyone wants to say hello, she's on AIM regularly-- DrQ6. She's
also in contact with a bunch of other med students who use AIM.

If anyone has any information on Jamie Macklin, please let me know.
She was doing an away rotation in Cincinnati, and her husband may have
been with her or in New Orleans before Katrina hit. I don't have any
cell numbers for her, and don't remember exactly where in Illinois
her/Josh's family lived, so I can't find them searching the white pages.

Tulane Med Students

Sep 7, 2005, 6:19:36 PM9/7/05
to Tulane Medical Students
1. Clark Sep 7, 2:29 pm show options

From: "Clark" <clarkcharlessm...@yahoo.com> - Find messages by this
author
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:29:42 -0700
Subject: Whassup
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hello folks,

I'm in DC. I'll be studying for the boards, then doing a rotation at
Georgetown in October. I hope you all are doing well. I can be
contacted at clarkcharlessm...@yahoo.com. My phone 504-913-3280 seems

to be working okay.

Clark

JonasWiltz

Sep 7, 2005, 9:01:46 PM9/7/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey Clark,
I'm over at G-town right now on the medicine consult service. I'm
staying in Arlington with my fiance. If you want, we can meet up and I
can try and give you the lay out of the campus, unless you already know
it. Anyway, good luck with the boards. later

-jonas

Tulane Med Students

Sep 8, 2005, 5:26:32 PM9/8/05
to Tulane Medical Students
bigote Sep 8, 10:08 am show options

From: "bigote" <jaimitote...@gmail.com> - Find messages by this author

Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:08:42 -0000
Subject: Greetings From Bolivia

original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hi!
Just wanted to say that, we wish the best for all teh people who
suffered this crisis, and hope everything will be normal soon. Hubes
from Bolivia friends!
jaimito!

Tulane Med Students

Sep 8, 2005, 5:27:58 PM9/8/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Ben is alive. His number is 504-710-7113. He has not ERAS'ed,
spoken with Dr. Kahn, or gotten one single letter of recommendation.
Furthermore, he hates people who speak in third person... which creates

many intrapersonal problems for himself...
Katrina is a b@#*h.
Ben (behaz...@hotmail.com)

ack...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2005, 8:59:10 PM9/8/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Dear All,

I just began an Anesthesia rotation at Cedar-Sinai Medical Center in
Los Angeles. The head of the clerkship is a Tulane grad and insisted
that any students looking for a rotation for any length of time was
also welcome. I worked through the UCLA student affairs office but you
may encounter similar static via the AAMC through this route. His name
is Dr. Wender should you wish to contact him directly. I don't
currently have an email but am sure it is available on-line. Best to
all.

Adam

Clark

Sep 9, 2005, 12:27:04 PM9/9/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey Jonas -

That would be great except.... I actually, as of this morning, may
decide to just go back to Houston. It seems I might have an easier
time being at the school and having access to everything I need.
Deans/ERAS letters, etc... Appreciate the help though and I will keep
you posted.

Clark

Ine

Sep 10, 2005, 10:37:58 AM9/10/05
to Tulane Medical Students
I think I'm probably going to go back to Houston too. seems like most
other options are a big pain in the butt. who wants to get an apartment
together? maybe get 6 or 7 fourth years in one place and have a big
frat-like party place for a few months?=) love, ine

Tulane Med Students

Sep 10, 2005, 1:41:43 PM9/10/05
to Tulane Medical Students
i agree w/ ine. im gonna go back to Houston. we'll own the town..
sam

Tulane Medical school

Sep 10, 2005, 3:18:00 PM9/10/05
to Tulane Medical Students
I'm down with Ine & Sam Houston seems like the easiest option. We can
have big T4 group house.
Liza

kristina

Sep 10, 2005, 3:50:08 PM9/10/05
to Tulane Medical Students
David and I are heading down to Houston tomorrow to look for
apartments. We'll keep you guys posted on which areas are decent and
near to the medical district.

Jessica Shank

Sep 11, 2005, 6:17:39 PM9/11/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Hey all,

I have been in Baton Rouge volunteering at a field hospital set up in
an old kmart. We found that there were not a lot a major medical
emergencies, just a lot of displaced people in need of chronic meds and
lots of social issues like trying to find housing and reuniting
families. The stories were amazing and very devastating. A lot of
people just needed a bath after sitting on a roof for 6 days, some new
clothes, and someone to talk too. Unfortunately the tons of volunteer
docs were unable to fill that need because they are unable to think
outside of their own little box and have since left town very
frustrated.

When the Kmart hospital closed, 2 docs, 5 nurses, a pharmacist, and I
comandeered a bus and tons of medical supplies and drove to Houma and
then to Belle Chase giving medical help, medical supplies, and vaccines
to evacuees and relief workers. Now that that mission is over, I am
looking for more volunteer work. Maybe going to the PMAC tomorrow
hoping that the patient # is now lower than the # of volunteer docs. I
call this my Hurricane Katrina Relief Rotation. I'm gonna just keep
volunteering until I go to San Diego Oct 2.

One happy note during a time of disaster . . .TNed and I got engaged
the day before the hurricane. Sorry I haven't been able to call anyone
yet.

My phone now works most of the time 504-610-7119.
New email: jessic...@yahoo.com.
New address for now: 735 Lakeland Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70802.

I have also met docs from all over the country offering to take on 3rd
and 4th year med students for rotations with housing. I will post soon
when I get my list together.

Hope all is well with everyone and that we will all be reuinited soon.
Call me if you are in Baton Rouge.

Jess Shank

L Jensen

Sep 27, 2005, 8:44:18 AM9/27/05
to Tulane Medical Students
Not sure where else to post this, but for those of you interested in an
update: I've had show (just this a.m.) and have started to have actual
contractions (that I can't type through). If you're interested in more
info, I'm posting regularly on my LiveJournal:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/j00n13
and will try to post before leaving for the hospital.
My best prediction is that Eva will be born sometime between this
evening and Thursday. I'm scheduled to be induced this Saturday, so
she's coming out one way or another :)

I'd like to send an announcement to our class once the baby's born.
Does anyone have an idea which listserv or bulletin board is closed to
SOM2...@tulane.edu? If so, send me an email at
lusty_...@yahoo.com.