Bulgarian voice for the Android TTS

Kostadin Kolev

May 3, 2011, 7:54:02 AM5/3/11
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'm Kostadin Kolev from Bulgaria.
Since I didn't find any e-mail for contacting the developers of this TTS
engine for Android on the TTS official website, I subscribed here in
order to ask my questions. And so, here they are:
1. Is this TTS for Android based on the open-source synthesizer eSpeak,
as stated on the Android Market here:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.marvin.espeak
2. What languages does this TTS for Android support? I'm asking,
because, as I said earlier, I'm from Bulgaria and I want to use a TTS
voice in bulgarian on my Android phone, if possible.
3. If this TTS is based on eSpeak and the bulgarian language is not yet
added (it is available as a test voice in the experimental eSpeak
versions), can it be added to this TTS and used on an Android phone? And
if yes - how it can be done?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev