TTS Extended broken

kronos

Oct 19, 2010, 6:34:05 PM10/19/10
to TTS-for-Android
hello:

I have been using TexttoSpeechBeta for about 2 months now on
production software with good result. But today, it stopped working.
I recently update SVOX engine. Is this a know issue ? Could SVOX
have broken TTSE ?

Johan Wouters

Oct 20, 2010, 4:29:08 AM10/20/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have encountered the same problems with TTS Extended and the latest SVOX
Engine. It works fine in Froyo, so there must be an incompatibility between
Froyo and TTS Extended.

One difference we could observe is that the SVOX Engine TTS settings are not
being retrieved from the java side in TTS Extended. But we don't know if
this responsible for the crash.

Other experiences we have made is that TTS Extended does not always crash at
the same moment and after a reboot it didn't crash. Also, the svox voices
continue to work fine in apps even if the TTS Extended app crashes.

Johan

hello: