TTS support for Hindi/Devnagari??

Nihar Mehta

Oct 16, 2010, 2:28:01 AM10/16/10
to TTS-for-Android
Hi,

Does Android TTS support Hindi / Devnagari script?
If not, how do we add support for a new language?

Thanks, Nihar

Fergus Henderson

Feb 2, 2011, 2:11:03 AM2/2/11
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Nihar Mehta <nihar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Does Android TTS support Hindi / Devnagari script?

No - the built-in Pico TTS provides only French, Italian, German, Spanish, and English (US and UK).

If not, how do we add support for a new language?

Find a TTS engine that supports Hindi, and then integrate it into Android in the same way that e.g. Flite has been... see

Cheers,
  Fergus.

--
Fergus Henderson <fergus.h...@gmail.com>

Sleekmist

Feb 21, 2011, 4:16:38 PM2/21/11
to TTS-for-Android
Hi,
I am very new to android and this is my 1 st application.
I found some tts which supports hindi like nuance lekha TTS.
Can you plase help me to integrate it with android.

Thanks