WebTalks: Android app that allows us to listen our favorite sites, as if it were a radio, using TTS technology

Jose Ortega

Jan 24, 2011, 6:46:37 PM1/24/11
to TTS-for-Android
Now we see the TV, we listen to the radio, we read the newspaper and
we read the web, but from now this will change... listen to your
favorite websites on your mobile

WebTalks is an Android application that allows us to listen our
favorite sites, as if it were a radio, using TTS technology.

Their usage mode is as simple as opening the application, dictate the
title of the web to listen (eg "Play NBA.com"), or selecting it from
our list of favorite websites, and the application will begin to
dictate the latest posts published in this web.

How many times have you desired, for example, hear "New York Times"
while driving, or listen on your headphones "NBA.com" way at the
University, or just listen to your Google Reader's subscriptions while
travelling by metro or by bus?

WebTalks uses advanced technology that enables synchronization with
"Google Reader". Thus, you can listen to your Google Reader
subscriptions, and will be marking as read the posts that you are
listening. The application also implements offline mode so that the
webs are loaded when there is mobile coverage, and you can enjoy them
even when travelling by Metro.

The application can be used with the headset button for your
convenience:
- Single click: Pause/Play
- Double click: Next post

In addition, we have been very aware of people with vision problems,
which find it hard to use his smartphone due to size limitations
screen.
To do this, WebTalks implements voice recognition technology to launch
the web you want to listen, and also implements voice synthesis
technology to listen to the news contained in that website.

Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtQLsOijqpc

More information: www.webtalks.es/en/