[ttpub-user] No stops

Devin Braun

Apr 23, 2010, 7:17:49 PM4/23/10
to ttpub-user
I've tried to fix this myself, but the information is limited, so I'm
turning to this group for help...

I have installed Timetable Publisher and it seems to run and all of my
routes are listed on the config page, but on the config screen, there
are no stops to add to the schedule. I honestly can't figure out what
I'm doing wrong. Even if I add a stop ID manually, the timepoint
shows up, but no times are listed.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Devin

--
"ttpub-user" group at http://groups.google.com/group/ttpub-user?hl=en

Frank

Apr 26, 2010, 5:12:01 PM4/26/10
to ttpub-user
Hi Devin,

There's a TTPUB configuration called ActiveServiceKeys. By default,
there's a handful of keys set by default for Weekday (W/F/f), Saturday
(S) and Sunday (U,H). So for MTS, if you add "WD,FR,TH,MF" to the
default list for Weekdays say, you should see stops listed on the MTS
timetables. Note that you can also set these keys on a per-timetable
basis, as well as footnote trips that use certain keys (e.g., see the
TripNotes configuration).

Take care,
Frank

Devin Braun

Apr 26, 2010, 5:18:35 PM4/26/10
to ttpub...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Frank. When I load my data in the first time, all of my service keys are noted on the configuration page. But still, no stops are listed.

Devin

Frank

Apr 26, 2010, 5:37:30 PM4/26/10
to ttpub-user
Hi Devin...maybe a 'clean' TTPUB configuration will help.

Here's what I did to get the current MTS gtfs data running in ttpub:
1. Downloaded and unzipped the .war.zip file, installed the .war
file and started tomcat.
2. Let tomcat unwind the .war file, then shutdown tomcat.
3. cd tomcat/webapps/ttpub/WEB-INF/classes/org/gtfs/
4. rm -rf configure
5. mv blank-config configure
6. rm -rf schedule
7. mv .../mts/gtfs schedule
(NOTE: could do the same thing in a different way by editing tomcat/
webapps/ttpub/WEB-INF/classes/TimeTablePublisher.properties, as noted
the docs)
8. startup.sh tomcat
9. edited ActiveServiceKeys config and added WD,FR,TH,MF to the
existing Weekdays config
10. looked at a handful of routes, and stops & times seem good (or at
least logical) in both directions

Devin Braun

Apr 26, 2010, 7:19:33 PM4/26/10
to ttpub...@googlegroups.com
I did that (but with Windows commands) and no such luck. The routes are there, but the stops aren't.

Perhaps I'll try on my Mac and see what happens.

Devin Braun

Apr 27, 2010, 11:36:26 AM4/27/10
to ttpub-user
It worked on my Mac, so that gave me some resolve. I reinstalled
Tomcat this morning and followed the steps you listed and now it's
working. The Tomcat bin directory is different than before, so maybe
I installed a different version that wasn't completely compatible...

Thanks for your help.

Devin