Loop Routes with same StopID

Bryan-SEPTA

Jun 29, 2010, 9:20:38 AM6/29/10
to ttpub-user
I'm not sure if this issue was fixed or if anyone has any ideas. But
this is the best place I can ask it.

First of all I have no power over the GTFS data and how it is sent to
me.

Routes with two identical stops sharing the same StopID are causing
problems for us.
The first Stop has all the times (Even those assigned to the second
Stop) and the second Stop has absolutely no times.

Anyone know how this can be fixed?

Thanks.

T Sobota

Jul 2, 2010, 1:13:50 PM7/2/10
to ttpub-user
Memory is hazy... haven't played in TTPUB for awhile, but one
workaround I had employed due to some situation had been to
arbitrarily use an adjacent non-timepoint bus stop as the second
instance of a duplicated timepoint bus stop.

In the context of outputing schedule data, rounded to the nearest
minute, having the first instance of the timepoint bus stop reference
the second stop on the route (to the extent it was less than 60
seconds elapsed from the actual departure time)... or having the
second instance of the timepoint bus stop reference the second-to-last
stop on the trip (to the extent it would again round to the same
minute... or was close enough that publishing an arrival an extra
minute or two early wasn't of concern) resolved whatever issues I was
experiencing (and my recollection is that is was the repeated use of
an identical stop id on the same trip).

The GTFS data remains unchanged then, only the TTPUB configuration
tables need revising to arbitrarily swap which bus stops are used as
the published timepoints.

Bryan-SEPTA

Jul 8, 2010, 3:45:50 PM7/8/10
to ttpub-user
Thanks I'll see what I can do. I don't have access to the actual data
though.