Adding maps, horizontal and pdf links to pages

LT

Oct 1, 2010, 3:39:59 PM10/1/10
to ttpub-user
I'm getting deeper and deeper into this, but as a designer it becomes
more obvious how much I lack on the programming side of things. I'd
like to add links to each page to give folks options for the PDF,
horizontal, and map versions of each route. I noticed the highly
skilled folks at Trimet have this feature on their schedule pages, and
I was wondering if this was automated upon output from ttpub or if you
had to go back in and hand-code this. My guess is that it would be a
change to the FreeMarker webPageMacros.ftl file, but I don't know
enough about FreeMarker to figure this out on my own. Can I get some
assistance with this?

Thanks again for all the contributions to this process, it's made a
lot of dreams a reality!

Frank

Oct 1, 2010, 6:04:48 PM10/1/10
to ttpub-user
Hey LT,

Yeah, those links are template generated. I just made some change to
the FreeMarker templates to generate the map & vert/horiz links ala
what's on trimet.org. Most of the changes were to a FreeMarker macro
called 'links' within webPageMacros.ftl, but a few other changes were
needed to the other web templates. Here's a zip file of the new
templates (you should be able to simply overwrite your existing
templates by unzipping this file in the tomcat/webapps directory ...
after you backup, of course :-): http://maps5.trimet.org/ttpub-templates.tar

BTW, you can see the changes running on our demo server:
http://demo.timetablepublisher.org/timetable.print (and a set of HTML
tables I just created http://demo.timetablepublisher.org/zips/HTML_routes_1_3__2378001265039185052.zip)

Hope that helps,
Frank

ps, I'll be updating the code and the .war file downloads with these
changes at some point...until then, you'll need to patch the templates
with http://maps5.trimet.org/ttpub-templates.tar
Message has been deleted

LT

Oct 4, 2010, 11:21:26 AM10/4/10
to ttpub-user
Thanks so much, Frank! This will definitely work! Wonderful as always.

LT