Getting Only Timepoints to Display as Default

Ryan Zatlin

Aug 21, 2014, 4:52:08 PM8/21/14
to ttpub...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I've been playing around with TTPUB for the past couple of days to see if it is something we would want to use at NCTD. I was able to get the application up and running with no issues, but I do have a question about timepoints.

It seems that TTPUB always displays the two terminals of the route, but then chooses random stops in between (though they are still in correct sequence). I would like the configure screen to automatically display as default all of the timepoints only, not intermediate stops. I am aware that you can manually edit timepoints, but would like to see if this is possible.

Is there a way to configure it this way? Does TTPUB recognize timepoints as those stops labeled as such in the stop_times.txt file?

Thanks!

-Ryan

Frank

Aug 22, 2014, 5:25:21 AM8/22/14
to ttpub...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ryan,

Yes, if your GTFS has the timepoint field in stop_times.txt, that override the seemingly 'random' stops chosen as timepoints by TTPUB.

BTW, another important GTFS element (optional / proposed) is direction_id in trips.txt...

Take care,
Frank

Ryan Zatlin

Aug 22, 2014, 2:24:02 PM8/22/14
to ttpub...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply Frank. I don't know how I missed those other threads! I found the problem was that I was initially using the merged GTFS data from two different service periods that we need to upload to Google. That messed up a whole lot more than just the timepoints. Once I switched to the unmerged file, everything showed up as expected. Again, thank you for your help! TTPUB is great and I think it can prove to be a valuable tool for us.

-Ryan