TTPub Activity?

Jack Phelan

Jan 8, 2019, 11:56:59 AM1/8/19
to ttpub-user
I work for a medium-sized transit agency looking to simplify our timetable publication process. TTPub seems to meet most of our needs and the software is working as expected.

I can see that the software is not being actively developed (I'm taking that as a good sign that it was initially well-written, I suppose) but is there still a sort of developer community going strong? Are there many agencies using TTPub?

Frank

Jan 8, 2019, 1:01:46 PM1/8/19
to ttpub-user
Hi Jack,

I work for TriMet in Portland, OR. We use TTPUB a lot here, for both print and web timetable (https://trimet.org/schedules/w/t1100_0.htm) production.  SEPTA in Philidelphia also uses TTPUB in some capacity: http://www.septa.org/schedules/bus/w/001_1.html.  (BTW, it would be great to hear of other agencies using the code).

> is there still a sort of developer community going strong?

After the code was written about 12 years ago, the business folks at TriMet who use the software haven't prioritized further enhancements. I wrote the code and  put it up on Google code (and hap-haphazardly moved to github when google shut down their service). Folks have taken the code, and either ran it as-is, or customized things to work in their environment.

That said, I think there's a lot of room for improvement.  I've added to my todo list to get the code in better shape on github to accept pull-requests.

Take care,
Frank

Craig Nelson

Jan 8, 2019, 3:04:20 PM1/8/19
to ttpub...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

EMBARK used to have it on their site, but I believe they switched over to something custom, but with a similar approach.

best,

Craig

"ttpub-user" group at http://groups.google.com/group/ttpub-user?hl=en
---

Jack Phelan

Jan 11, 2019, 1:31:57 PM1/11/19
to ttpub-user
Thanks, Frank! Staff here have been impressed with the amount of time it looks like we'll be able to save. If it is the direction we go with, I'll be sure to report back here for the benefit of other users.

Jack