ComboRoutes & Web templates

michelle

Nov 30, 2009, 12:32:34 PM11/30/09
to ttpub-user
I have been using TTPUB for a few months now. I use it to maintain
mock schedule data... strange hobby I know.. but it's how I stay in
practice.

Anyway, I have a couple of issues I am trying to work out.

COMBO ROUTES
I can't seem to get combo-routes working. I have two different
routes. They both have common timepoints. One route (37) has
timepoints for the entire route. Another route (12), has timepoints
for half of the route. When I try to add 12 as a combo route on the
37, it will only display the 12's data and not the 37. I am doing:
Agency Route Direction Service Key Language Routes
Suburban Transit 37 Outbound * 12, 37

LOOP ROUTES
I have noticed that if I have a loop route where the first and last
timepoint is the same stop code, if I try to build a trip on the loop
where the trip only operates on a portion of the loop but terminates
at the layover, TTPUB will place the final timepoint in the first
timepoint position instead of the last.
See:
http://recnet.com/st/sch/w/t1017_1.htm
for an example of this

TEMPLATES
I can't figure out where to change the program so I can specify a
different location for the templates. I see there's some generic
templates in my package, but I can't see how I can have the program
call those instead of the trimet ones.

I wish more properties used this program. It was very easy for
someone with limited java knowledge to set up on a regular desktop for
occasional use. Thanks to TriMet for putting this into open source.
I wish more transit applications would become available that way!

Michi Eyre

Frank

Nov 30, 2009, 3:09:41 PM11/30/09
to ttpub-user
Hi Michi,

+ COMBO ROUTES
First up, here's an example of a combo route output:
http://trimet.org/schedules/w/t1254_0.htm
There are a few things you need to do for combo routes - first is to
give it a new id; the other is to add a new 'Route Name' configuration
for your 'new'' combo route. Think of combo route as basically a new
route that is not derived from the data, and part of that is naming.
(Apologies that there's little, if any, documentation on configuration
-- btw, if you want to expand your hobby, we could use
documentation :-).

+ LOOP ROUTES
I think this is a bug (I thought I'd fixed this awhile ago, but
obviously not -- I've got it on my todo list).

+TEMPLATES
You want to look for a file called TimeTableProperties.properties
under tomcat/webapp/ttpub. Add an entry called TEMPLATES_DIR, with a
path to your templates directory (note, you should start with the
tomcat/webapp/ttpub/templates directory, as that stuff is needed for
the editor webapp), then restart tomcat.

+ I wish more properties used this program...It was very easy...
Thanks for using TTPUB. There have been a couple of agencies that
have published their schedules with TTPUB, which I think is great and
very exciting for me to see my little app used by others. Hopefully
more agencies will come in time. I hope to improve on the system to
make it more compelling for others to use. BTW, there's also the
opentripplanner.org (OTP) project that is pretty exciting. Beyond
competing for my TTPUB time, I do hope to eventually get TTPUB better
aligned with OTP.

Take care,
Frank