Footnotes

Sam-SEPTA

May 2, 2011, 4:59:40 PM5/2/11
to ttpub-user
Hello,

I'm trying to set up footnotes for the following situation:

On a particular route, there are two times on a Sunday at a particular
stop that occur only on Memorial Day, so I'd like a footnote labeled
"H" to appear next to those two times, with the full footnote
description on the bottom.

If I edit TripNotes, it puts an "H" next to all the times in the
timetable.

How do I footnote only the two times for the particular stop? It
seems like there should be a "Stop ID" and "Trip ID" edit/
configuration that I need to do.

Thanks,

Sam :)

Frank

May 2, 2011, 5:30:34 PM5/2/11
to ttpub-user
Hey Sam...try a Pattern Note -- there, you will be able to set a stop
id. Those trips with times for that stop will be footnoted (further,
if the particular stop begins or ends a certain trip(s), just those
trip can be footnoted via the 'RULE' attribute). There's no rule
currently to footnote a trip by trip id. Let me know how well Pattern
Note works.

Sam-SEPTA

May 3, 2011, 9:48:44 AM5/3/11
to ttpub...@googlegroups.com

Hi Frank,

I'm stumped.  I created a Pattern Note (see below).  Stop ID 2055 is the second stop in the sequence.

When I ran the configuration of the route to see how it looked, this is what I got (see below).  No matter what Stop ID I put in, the footnotes would only appear in the first column (and the two times of in the second column where there were no times in the first column).  Any ideas?

Frank

May 3, 2011, 10:36:38 AM5/3/11
to ttpub-user
In the 'Rule' column, try adding 'BEGIN_TRIP' (for stop id 2055).

The idea with Pattern Note is to find something unique about those
trips you want to footnote. (And I'm going to put it on the TODO list
to explore adding 'TRIP_IDs=?' and 'TIMEs=?' as a rule).

BTW, the placement of the footnote symbol is not something very
controllable (for Pattern Notes, it's the first cell with a time entry
in a given row) -- more symbol placement control is already on the
todo list.

On May 3, 6:48 am, Sam-SEPTA <septa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I'm stumped.  I created a Pattern Note (see below).  Stop ID 2055 is the
> second stop in the sequence.
>
> <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Cg6UnU8Yqxg/TcAGvyH0LtI/AAAAAAAAAA...>
>
> When I ran the configuration of the route to see how it looked, this is what
> I got (see below).  No matter what Stop ID I put in, the footnotes would
> only appear in the first column (and the two times of in the second column
> where there were no times in the first column).  Any ideas?
>
> <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_QcPbIIQj1_Q/TcAHTKlH8cI/AAAAAAAAAB...>

Sam-SEPTA

May 3, 2011, 2:41:19 PM5/3/11
to ttpub...@googlegroups.com
Wow.  It worked!  See below.  I understand what's going on here now.  Since the 8:15 and 9:45 pm times are the first occurrence of those trips (since the first stop had blank times for those trips) they were foot-noted.

I definitely got lucky with this one, because we have a few other routes that we would need footnotes for that would not meet this scenario.  I'll come up with an example and we'll see if maybe (hopefully) there'll be a way to handle it.

THANKS!!!