Problems with Interlining

michelle

Nov 30, 2009, 2:29:49 PM11/30/09
to ttpub-user
Let me try this again... Google Groups keeps messing up here. (mods..
plz disregard my last post on this)

I am having problems with interlining. I am noticing that when I have
a block that appears on more than one route and I have the interline
set, ttpub will show ALL trips by that block as interlined even if
that specific trip does not to the common timepoint.

In my mock system, I have a route 20 and 38. They both share a common
terminal (Porter Ranch), yet during the mid-day, the 38 has a
shortline terminal for a shuttle (Fashion Center). If you look at
this schedule:

http://www.recnet.com/st/sch/w/t1038_1.htm

You will notice that the short trips are also getting the interline
footnote even though the trip does not operate all the way to the
common point (Porter Ranch).

Just to help, here's a simple paddle for block 19, which does the
morning shuttle trip on the 38:

Pull out-
Rte. 79 (1522) E/B Sylmar 523a - Victory/Owensmouth 609a
Deadhead-
Rte. 20 (1023) E/B Porter Ranch 703a - Sylmar 731a
Rte. 20 (1005) W/B Sylmar 802a - Porter Ranch 830a
Rte. 38 (1242) S/B Porter Ranch 842a - Quakertown 918a
Rte. 38 (1270) N/B Quakertown - 925a - Fashion Ctr 950a
Rte. 38 (1244) S/B Porter Ranch 953a - Quakertown 1018a
Rte. 38 (1272) N/B Quakertown - 1025a - Fashion Ctr 1050a
Rte. 38 (1246) S/B Porter Ranch 1053a - Quakertown 1118a
Rte. 38 (1274) N/B Quakertown 1125a - Fashion Ctr 1150a
Rte. 38 (1248) S/B Porter Ranch 1153a - Quakertown 1218p
Rte. 38 (1276) N/B Quakertown 1225p - Fashion Ctr 1250p
Pull in-

See also:
http://www.recnet.com/st/sch/w/t1038_0.htm (38 s/b)
http://www.recnet.com/st/sch/w/t1020_0.htm (20 w/b)
http://www.recnet.com/st/sch/w/t1020_1.htm (20 e/b)

See all of the mock schedules at:
http://www.recnet.com/st/sch

So in this paddle, you will notice that even though Block 19 had work
on the 20, none of the northbound trips on the 38 ever interlined to
the 20, yet they are showing as interlines.

I have the interline config on the 38 n/b set as..

Agency Suburban Transit
Route 38
Direction Inbound
Service Key *
Language
Rule: CONTINUES
Interlining Route 20
Interlining Route's Direction Inbound
Minimum Number of Stops 0
Stop ID 2101 (Porter Ranch)
Minutes Between Trips 5
FN Symbol @
Footnote (FN) Continues to Sylmar Station via Line 20
FN Sequence 0

I was under the impression that the "Stop ID" in the configuration
would put the bridge in to determine which location would trigger the
interline.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Tnx.

Frank

Nov 30, 2009, 3:39:39 PM11/30/09
to ttpub-user
Hi Michi,

Offhand, try increasing Minimum Number of Stops to 1 (or more -- this
parameter should probably be renamed to "Minimum Number of Shared
Stops", meaning how many stops are used by both routes on the
timetable). Let me know if that doesn't work, and I'll go a bit
further debugging.

Take care,
Frank
> See also:http://www.recnet.com/st/sch/w/t1038_0.htm (38 s/b)http://www.recnet.com/st/sch/w/t1020_0.htm (20 w/b)http://www.recnet.com/st/sch/w/t1020_1.htm (20 e/b)

michelle

Nov 30, 2009, 4:20:03 PM11/30/09
to ttpub-user
I just tried changing it to 1. It still gave me the problem. I did
not use this field the first time because the hover text gave me the
impression that it was for the append trip option only.

Also, I just realized that I missed up that paddle above.. I meant to
say that the shuttle trips terminated at Fashion Ctr (which is not the
common point between the 20 and 38).

But the only thing I could find is that the because these blocks saw
some action on the 20, they are all listing as inter-lines. There is
one trip on the 38 N/B schedule that did not get the interline. That
block had no activity on the 20.

I did get desired results on this schedule:
http://www.recnet.com/st/sch/w/t1026_1.htm
but that was because none of those other trips saw action on the 79.

Thanks for your help on this one!

=m