Combo Routes

Fiona

Jul 5, 2011, 1:32:27 PM7/5/11
to ttpub-user
Help!! having problems combining two routes. I read an earlier
discussion about creating a "new route" which i've done but i still
haven't been able to populate the tables.

I also need some pointers about forcing times - I've double checked
what i did with the video and have managed to "force" the time into
the column i want, but am unsuccessful at removing the column i don't
want without removing that row of information.

Also, i have a couple of cells that need to be left blank but instead
they are repeating information, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Fiona

Frank

Jul 5, 2011, 4:15:47 PM7/5/11
to ttpub-user
To create a combo route:
1) Create a new 'Route Name' entry, with a new unique route id
(e.g., you might need two of these records, to specify the two route
directions)
2) Create a new Combo Route entry attached to the new combo route
id, specifying the routes that make up this new table.
3) Add stops from the original routes to your new combo route id.

See http://maps5.trimet.org/ttpub/timetable.config?route=Amtrak+Cascades---4
as an example of a combo route.

About merging, etc... my advice is to experiment a bit more here -- it
sounds like your merge config contains a reference to the stop you're
trying to delete...