Issues Installing TTK on Windows

Khizar Pasha

May 20, 2024, 2:43:54 AMMay 20
to ttk-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,.

I am trying to install and use TTK on Windows for a research project in topological data analysis. I followed the steps listed here: TTK - the Topology ToolKit - Topological Data Analysis and Visualization (topology-tool-kit.github.io), but the installation of paraview is causing me a lot of issues. I followed step 1 and installed all the necessary dependencies without issue. Steps 2 and 3 were also simple enough. In step 4, to install paraview I first had to install Qt5.12, and then edit the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH in the CMakeLists file with the following set command: set(CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH "C:/Qt/Qt5.12.12/5.12.12/msvc2017"). I then opened the x64 terminal for msvs2022, and ran the cmake gui command (after cding into an empty build directory). As a generator I chose visual studio 17 2022, as generating on the 2017 version of visual studio was causing errors. In any case, the cmake worked, and I opened the paraview sln file in visual studio. I changed the configuration from debug to release, and then I hit build. After it built, I closed VS, re opened it, and built the install target. I then changed the system environment variables to the paths described on the website, but when i tried to run cmake in the ttk-1.2.0 build folder, I got the following errors:

CMake Warning at CMake/config.cmake:50 (find_package):
By not providing "FindParaView.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "ParaView",
but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "ParaView" with any
of the following names:

ParaViewConfig.cmake
paraview-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "ParaView" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"ParaView_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If
"ParaView" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:12 (include)

CMake Warning at CMake/config.cmake:65 (find_package):
By not providing "FindVTK.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "VTK", but
CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "VTK" with any of
the following names:

VTKConfig.cmake
vtk-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "VTK" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "VTK_DIR"
to a directory containing one of the above files. If "VTK" provides a
separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:12 (include)

CMake Error at CMake/config.cmake:90 (message):
TTK_BUILD_PARAVIEW_PLUGINS requires ParaView.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:12 (include)
I checked out the "C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView\lib" folder, and noticed there was no cmake folder, nor a site-packages folder. There was only a folder labeled vtk, along with a bunch of files with a vtk at the start and a .lib extension. This suggests that I didn't install paraview correctly, and I was wondering if there was any way to correct any mistakes I made during installation. Best,

Khizar