Different runtimes for "int ttk::Triangulation::getCellNeighbor() in repeatd runs

Mohit Sharma

Jun 19, 2022, 1:21:33 AM6/19/22
to ttk-users
Hi,

Performance of "int ttk::Triangulation::getCellNeighbor()" increases significantly in subsequent runs, if I execute it for exactly the same input i.e. during 1st run I get time aroung 500 ms, from next run onwards it decreases to 50 ms.
All runs are exectued sequentially. I am unclear what exactly is going on. Does the data structure modifies itself to perform better for frequently accessed cells?

Regards,
Mohit Sharma

Julien Tierny

Jun 22, 2022, 11:45:54 AM6/22/22
to ttk-users, Mohit Sharma
hi Mohit,

thanks for your email and your interest in TTK.

Could you please share with us your test code?

Thanks!

Best,
--
Dr Julien Tierny