Increasing professional courtesies

Bill Dell

Oct 29, 2009, 2:40:49 PM10/29/09
to tta-list-...@googlegroups.com

From: jerse...@hotmail.com
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:04 AM
Subject: please post: increasing professional courtesies

Dear producers near and far,

Please tell us who you are! Why not include your names, websites, resumes, projects completed, names of awards? Stating one is an "award-winning" anything is like stating you are human. Sarcasm intended. Also, when a producer states "Depending on your comfort level the pay will adjust accordingly," as stated below, one gets the sense that producert is either severely inexperienced, severely manipulative, or at best, shooting porn. Porn would be the best of the three options.

Also, this business of filmmaking is not, as regurgitated below, "all about 'knowing people.'" This business is not so much about who you know, its more about who knows you. Word, to your mother(s).

Jeremy Frey

http://www.burntpossum.com/jeremy/index.shtml

To: drme...@pipeline.com
From: drme...@pipeline.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:46:35 -0700
Subject: [tucsonstage] Tucson: Casting Call, Teaser/Trailer for feature length film - paid

Casting female role in Teaser/Trailer for feature length film ($) (Downtown Tucson)

Date: 2009-10-28, 9:24PM MST
Reply to: skygate...@gmail.com

Yes, there is pay available. Read on. :)

About Us:
We are an award winning production team that is going to be shooting in Tucson on November 2nd and 3rd getting footage for a promotional teaser trailer for our next feature length film.

About you:
You are a thin, attractive Caucasian female, preferably with blonde, strawberry blonde, or light brown hair. You are able to pass for someone between the ages of 20-27. You are fun and relaxed and like meeting and working with different people. You have at least three, but no more than five CURRENT photographs (these do not have to be professional "headshots", but please make sure that they are in focus) with at least one full length body shot and a close up of your face and one profile picture. You do not need to have experience acting for the camera, but at least a healthy curiosity about trying it. You have to be professional, as in serious. We are all professionals and we expect that whoever is going to be working with us to treat us with the same level of courtesy and respect that we will show to you.

About the role:
There are actually only going to be between two to three shots involving your character and there are no lines to be spoken. This is about having the right look, and being able to convey a mood without saying a word. Acting, if you will. ;)
This will be an easy shoot and a great opportunity to network with professionals that work in Tucson, Phoenix, Los Angeles and Mexico. Don't forget this business is all about "knowing people".

About the compensation:
We are all working at a discount on this teaser because we believe in the project. That means, we are all taking pay cuts now for a potentially larger pay day later. Your compensation will be between $50 and $100 depending on the shots that we are able to get. The shots vary from standing behind a bar, to a close up of a hand dripping blood, to a high angle full body (no nudity) shot in a bloody bathtub. (Oh yeah, this isn't a Disney film) Depending on your comfort level the pay will adjust accordingly. The shoot will last the better part of a day, but it will be one of the easiest, and most fun, $100 you'll ever make. When you add that to the lifelong friends you'll make, you'll want to pay us! :)

If you think you meet the criteria:
Please send the 3 to 5 current photos (full length body shot, face close up, profile shot) and a little about yourself to skygate...@gmail.com and we will contact you right away. Thank you for your time and have a great day!

  • Location: Downtown Tucson
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: $50 to $100