Syntax checking issues

yac...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2009, 4:49:23 PM2/16/09
to tsWebEditor
Thaler,

I have tsWebEditor installed on both W2k & XP and I love it, but I've
got an issue with the syntax checker.

On the W2k machine if there ARE syntax errors a blank "Syntax Check"
window with no information about the error or location. When there are
NO syntax errors the "Syntax Check" window displays "No syntax errors
were found".

When I can't find the error quickly I switch to the XP machine which
does display the error information and location, but every time I
start the Syntax Checker on the XP box I get a "The procedure entry
point _zval_dtor could not be located in the dynamic link library
php5ts.dll" message yet when I click <Ok> it launches the syntax
checker.

Thanks

sup...@tswebeditor.tk

Feb 17, 2009, 10:19:10 AM2/17/09
to tsweb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> On the W2k machine if there ARE syntax errors a blank "Syntax Check"
> window with no information about the error or location. When there are
> NO syntax errors the "Syntax Check" window displays "No syntax errors
> were found".

tsWebEditor is no longer unter active development. Maybe the output from
the php.exe has changed. So the effect is that the output window will be
blank.

> When I can't find the error quickly I switch to the XP machine which
> does display the error information and location, but every time I
> start the Syntax Checker on the XP box I get a "The procedure entry
> point _zval_dtor could not be located in the dynamic link library
> php5ts.dll" message yet when I click <Ok> it launches the syntax
> checker.

Sounds like a problem with your php installation. Try to run
php.exe -l <source-file>
from your command line (the same does tsWebEditor) and fix the error.

thanks,
... thaler.

Joseph McLaughlin

Feb 17, 2009, 5:54:29 PM2/17/09
to tsweb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thaler,

When running php.exe from the command window as you instructed I found that
on the W2K box it displays the file's syntax error information:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_INCLUDE in <filename> on line 3
Errors parsing <filename>

But I also receive the following error message and I have no idea what it
means:
"Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit"

If the file has no errors, the error message is not displayed, and it
reports "No syntax errors detected in <filename>" (which is also displayed
in tsWebEditor's syntax check window).

On the XP machine, when run from the command line, it reported an error with
php_dbg.dll, which I then replaced with a copy from the W2K machine, and now
the syntax checker in tsWebEditor on the XP machine works fine. I don't get
the command window error message that the W2K machine gets.

By the way, the Tidy function works great.

Thanks,

Joseph
07:07:00