Cannot step through PHP execution line by line?

BillSoftDev

Jun 21, 2007, 5:47:40 PM6/21/07
to tsWebEditor
Hi,

I have been playing with tsWebEditor 2.2.20.79 (20060920) downloaded
from the homepage using Apache 2.2.2, PHP 4.4.2, and XDebug 2.0.0RC4-
dev. My detailed workstation XDebug configuration information obtained
from "info.php" is available at URL:
http://www.fmicro.com/bpub/06-21-2007%20-%20XDebug%20configuration%20information%20from%20info%20dot%20php.pdf

My workstation php.ini looks like:

extension=php_xdebug-2.0.0rc4-4.4.1.dll

[xdebug]
xdebug.auto_trace = On
xdebug.collect_params = 4
xdebug.collect_return = On
xdebug.collect_vars = On
xdebug.default_enable = On
xdebug.remote_autostart = On
xdebug.remote_enable = On
xdebug.remote_handler = dbgp
xdebug.remote_host = localhost
xdebug.remote_mode = req
xdebug.remote_port = 9000
xdebug.dump_once = On
xdebug.dump_undefined = On
xdebug.trace_format = 0
xdebug.trace_output_dir = c:\apachewwwroot
xdebug.trace_output_name = trace.txt
xdebug.extended_info = On

I was seeing how well the tsWebEditor interactive debugging
interface would work for me. It turns out that the programmatic XDebug
breakpoints (aka, "xdebug_break()") works great for me. However, I
cannot step through the PHP script interactively. Why would this be?
You can see what I did in the form of an online 23 second flash video
(definitely will playback in Internet Explorer) at URL:
http://www.fmicro.com/bpub/tsWebEditor%20-%20Cannot%20step%20to%20line%209.swf.html

Is there anything I can do to make it to where interactive stepping
through of PHP execution line by line will work?

Any and all information that could be provided would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank You,
Bill

sup...@tswebeditor.tk

Jun 22, 2007, 11:57:28 AM6/22/07
to tsweb...@googlegroups.com

> Is there anything I can do to make it to where interactive stepping
> through of PHP execution line by line will work?
>
> Any and all information that could be provided would be greatly
> appreciated.

turn on logging to see what xdebug is doing.

log with xdebug in your php.ini with (preferred)
xdebug.remote_log=C:\xdebug.log

or with tsWebEditor in the Parameter Dialog with Log Data.
the log file will be stored in your config dir

... thaler.

BillSoftDev

Jul 2, 2007, 1:24:04 PM7/2/07
to tsWebEditor
Hi,

I have posted a simple analysis with "xdebug.log" snippet provided at

Any ideas to get line by line interactive debugging to work?

I am hoping to figure out what is wrong with setup to get the binary
to work as is for tsWebEditor along with binary of XDebug.

I'd appreciate any info that could be thrown my way.

Thank You,
Bill

On Jun 22, 8:57 am, "supp...@tswebeditor.tk" <supp...@tswebeditor.tk>

BillSoftDev

Jul 2, 2007, 4:01:39 PM7/2/07
to tsWebEditor
Okay, I believe I have discovered the issue. I believe interactive
line by line debugging won't work with XDebug if it is not loaded as a
Zend extension.

However attempting to use "zend_extension_ts=" causes XDebug to fail
to load altogether.

I am now requesting help on the XDebug mailing list as I believe it is
more XDebug related than it is tsWebEditor.

Thank you for the info.

Just wanted to post what I discovered.