tSQLt on Azure Synapse dedicated sql pool

Jay Really

Jul 13, 2021, 4:02:19 PM7/13/21
to tSQLt
Hey all

On one hand I was informed that CLR is not working on Azure Synapse, and therefore tSQLt will also not work.

Executing the tSQLt.class.sql (V1.0.7682.21917) indeed tells me immediately:

Msg 103010, Level 16, State 1, Line 18
Parse error at line: 2, column: 46: Incorrect syntax near 'TYPE'.
Msg 103010, Level 16, State 1, Line 25
Parse error at line: 3, column: 10: Incorrect syntax near 'ASSEMBLY'.

But on the other hand I found some references and posts about people using tSQLt on Synapse.

So now I am in doubt. What's the story? Can I make it work? Any pointers? Or don't even try?

thanks for your advice!

Kevin Appadoo

Feb 14, 2024, 4:52:16 AMFeb 14
to tSQLt
Hello All,

Could some please advice iF there's a workaround to install the tSQLt component on Azure Synapse dedicated sql pool?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Kevin APPADOO