Logging testing results to table gets rolled back?

Chris Cheers

Nov 9, 2021, 11:41:05 PM11/9/21
to tSQLt
I'm using tsqlt as a place to have some benchmarking tests for an API that we use (run the API call 100x and see if the majority of execution times fall within 1 Std Deviation of a pre-recorded norm). I want to record the summary & detailed results into a table in SQL, and I could then review those results when / if a performance test failed, which could be due to an update by the vendor. The idea being when we load a software update we can then run all our integration & benchmark tests in one hit.

However, when running the test, the data in the table appears to get rolled back and not committed. I could understand how this could be standard behaviour when running tests that do write to a table, but you wouldn't normally retain that data for a test, but is there an option that can be set when running the specific tests to not have that rollback happen?

Thanks.