Is TSQLT being actively improved?

nick skriloff

Jun 4, 2018, 9:18:00 PM6/4/18
to tSQLt

Do you know anyone doing active development on TSQLT?  The github repo has not been touched for 2 years: https://github.com/tSQLt-org/tSQLt/graphs/code-frequency

Sebastian Meine

Jun 5, 2018, 1:23:07 AM6/5/18
to ts...@googlegroups.com
I lost my last dev environment sponsor.  I’m currently working with Redgate on setting up a new environment. Stay tuned.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 03:18 nick skriloff <sprout...@gmail.com> wrote:

Do you know anyone doing active development on TSQLT?  The github repo has not been touched for 2 years: https://github.com/tSQLt-org/tSQLt/graphs/code-frequency

Thanks,

Sebastian

Lance Rose

Sebastian Meine

Andy Wenzel

Mar 2, 2019, 10:44:10 AM3/2/19
to tSQLt
Sebastian,

Can we have an update on how this is progressing with Redgate and when development and especially updates will be made to keep the code current and compatible with SQL Server 2017?

Noam Sturmwind

Sep 10, 2019, 8:10:15 PM9/10/19
to tSQLt
I have been trying to get the attention of the maintainers as I am interested in contributing to tSQLt, but it doesn't seem that github issues are being monitored, e.g. https://github.com/tSQLt-org/tSQLt/issues/3#issuecomment-520660639

Before I invest further in using and enhancing tSQLt I too would like to know that it is getting actively maintained.

Eric Mamet

Jan 25, 2020, 1:56:21 AM1/25/20
to tSQLt
I wish you all success because I thought tSQLt was brilliant!

Please keep it up

Sebastian Meine

Jan 25, 2020, 12:52:44 PM1/25/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to give a quick update here.

tSQLt is actively maintained. However, most of the effort over the last year or so has gone into creating a CI environment in Azure DevOps. That project became necessary after JetBrains cancelled their sponsorship. It has proven way way more difficult than you might at first expect.

There are a bunch of exciting improvements to tSQLt in the pipeline, but first we need to finish this important project.

Stay tuned

Sebastian

Thanks,

Sebastian

Dmitrij Kultasev

Jan 25, 2020, 1:01:26 PM1/25/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
Sebastian, thanks for the update. We are glad that this project is alive!
Are the any estimations when are you going to finish that?

djla...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2020, 3:03:13 PM1/25/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
Excellent news!
It's a brilliant product and we're very happy to be able to use it.

Gabriel Flores

SgtWilko

Aug 24, 2020, 4:20:56 AM8/24/20
to tSQLt
Hi Sebastian,

Firstly thanks for a great solution, it's really quite easy to get up and running.

Any update on getting the environment setup and recommencing work?

Is there anything we can do to help speed this process up?
(I'm sure I'm not the only one here with Azure DevOps experience)

As there's loads of useful features sitting as PRs on Github (code coverage on triggers for one), would be great to get the ball rolling again.

SgtWilko

Sebastian Meine

Aug 24, 2020, 9:03:09 AM8/24/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
We’ve been actively working on it since November. Everything is checked into the CItesting Branch If you’re curious.

We’re using azure DevOps on the edge of what it was designed for, so this has not been quite as straight forward as we would have liked.

Sebastian

--
Thanks,

Sebastian

Sebastian Meine

Aug 24, 2020, 10:44:30 AM8/24/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
BTW, because you asked, we have started a discussion around different #tSQLt related ideas, features, questions, and roadblocks on Twitter. Would love to have you be involved there.

Monitor #tSQLt and/or follow @sqlity and @lizbaron if you want to participate. 😊

Sebastian
--
Thanks,