Collation error on publish

Bryant McClellan

Dec 22, 2022, 10:50:16 AM12/22/22
to tSQLt
In our organization we use SSDT for database projects, whether TFVC or Git. We use composite projects. We have a unit test project that references a dacpac containing the tSQLt framework as a way to manage distribution. So far, so good.

We have a team migrating some old on premises databases to Azure. Those database made use of local user permissions. I only mention that part because it is the one thing that differs from other Azure databases. In any case, when this team attempts to publish a database project locally (our norm for development) they get the following collation error. All our on premises and Azure databases use  SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS collation.

Has anyone else run into this?

Creating Function [tSQLt].[Private_ScriptIndex]... (6417,1): SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 451, Level 16, State 1, Procedure Private_ScriptIndex, Line 32 Cannot resolve collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" and "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_KS_WS_SC" in add operator occurring in SELECT statement column 6. (6386,0): SQL72045: Script execution error. The executed script: CREATE FUNCTION tSQLt.Private_ScriptIndex