Does anyone object to a web portal to relevant student programs in the h+ community?

Ben Hyink

Mar 29, 2010, 10:57:55 AM3/29/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Does anyone object to creating a web portal on the TSNh+ website directing interested and qualified students to the SENS Foundation Academic Initiative (SENSFAI)  the SENS student research program, SIAI's research program and other student opportunities like the IEET intern program, the Foresight Institute distinguished student award, etc.?

Can we agree that such a web portal would be a good idea in terms of maximizing our positive impact and should be implemented, though the main focus is still on establishing campus groups and hosting h+ events (along with projects, campaigns, etc.)?

Best,
Ben

Ben Hyink

Mar 29, 2010, 11:12:25 AM3/29/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
Links suggestions:

SENS Foundation Academic Initiative

Singularity Institute (the "opportunities" section is selective in the extreme)

IEET Internship Program (page is down - but contact page is up; maybe they will replace it if they know we will link to it)

Foresight Institute Distinguished Student Award
http://www.foresight.org/prize/student.html

Ben

Ben Hyink

Mar 29, 2010, 11:50:39 AM3/29/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
Another page we should link to is the Haldane Award page - which needs to be updated now that Hughes has left Humanity +.

(Was there a gap in award recipients in 2008 and 2009?)

Ben

Edward Miller

Mar 29, 2010, 6:33:47 PM3/29/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
sounds good to me

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tsnhplus+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Kristi Scott

Mar 29, 2010, 9:08:41 PM3/29/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
I have asked the board about if we are going to continue with this and who won for the two years in question :) Will let you know.

--
Kristi