Humanity Plus Summit

Kristi

Apr 13, 2010, 12:44:29 AM4/13/10
to TSNhplus
Everyone, if you haven't already seen this the H+ summit has been
announced for June 12 & 13 at Harvard
http://hplussummit2010east.eventbrite.com/?ref=eivte&invite=MzIzNjIxL2tuc2NvdHQxOTgwQGdtYWlsLmNvbS8w%0A&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=invite

Note that for students the registration is 50% off! Please circulate
the site and let me know if you are going to be able to make it.
Unfortunately I have a family conflict, but I'd love to hear what
everyone thinks that goes.

Kristi Scott

Ben Hyink

Apr 13, 2010, 10:54:49 AM4/13/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Kristi.

I'm broke, so I won't be attending, but I look forward to hearing about the event from others, including speaker Edward Miller.

I can't help but wonder how high will ticket prices reach... 50% off sounds good for now, at least, considering the location (I think the Yale TransVision was $100 for students). The more expensive the tickets, the less diverse (and full) the crowd.

Was there any discussion about keeping an event website up for years? I know that was done with TV04 at the U of Toronto but for most events the sites were taken down quickly after the events took place. I wonder if that doesn't contribute to a "flash in the pan" kind of effect as opposed to an event with more staying power at the location it is held.

* I think it was a great idea to have an event at Harvard U., and I suggest that most h+ events be held at universities for the residual effects.

Best,
Ben