We Need help Promoting a H+ Conference in London

Natasha Vita-More

Apr 14, 2010, 12:06:21 PM4/14/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

How can you help us promote the conference?!    http://humanityplus-uk.com/wordpress/  Who is in the UK?

Nlogo1.tif Natasha Vita-More

image002.jpg

Kristi Scott

Apr 14, 2010, 12:40:47 PM4/14/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
I posted it to my FB acct. Mike, Ben, do you have any suggestions on how to get this out to the FB student group?

Kristi
--
Kristi Scott, MA
Board of Directors/Secretary, Humanity+

Natasha Vita-More

Apr 14, 2010, 1:09:06 PM4/14/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Krist!!

Nlogo1.tif Natasha Vita-More

Apr 14, 2010, 1:58:55 PM4/14/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
I believe Edward still has administrative access to the TSN group on facebook. He could send a message to all the members.

Anyone with a group membership can post a message on the TSN facebook group.

A new facebook group also could be set up for the event and an intro message could encourage people to invite everyone they know to it, especially people in the UK, as well as help promote the event in other ways. I see there already is a fan page mentioned on the website: https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/127fd123aaa6d221 .

You might try to highlight the extremely reasonable cost of tickets in your advertisements.

You also might try to get UKTA members to post appealing flyers throughout London, especially at area universities and schools and hangouts around them (as well as faculty in relevant areas of study). Hipsters and artists also would be good demographics to reach - anyone with high openness to experience would make a good outreach target.

I got off of facebook a year ago because I felt I was being harassed and didn't want to make the situation any worse (shortly before a very poorly planned suicide attempt - kind of funny in retrospect). I'm wary about returning to facebook and not sure I want to deal with the distraction from GRE prep right now, though I wish I could be of more help in promoting the London H+ Conference. I wish that my situation was different in a lot of ways... :)

All the best,

Ben

image002.jpg

Ben Hyink

Apr 14, 2010, 2:00:46 PM4/14/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
image002.jpg

Ben Hyink

Apr 14, 2010, 4:57:54 PM4/14/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
Additionally, you might see if Adam Davis and Roko Mijic in the UK can promote the event in some way. Both are kept very busy but they might update their facebook profiles or contact friends to encourage them to promote the event.

Their E-mail addresses are: "Adam Davis" <techno...@googlemail.com>, "Roko Mijic" <rmi...@googlemail.com>

Roko is a mathematician who does volunteer work for SIAI and Adam is an experimental musician.

Best,
Ben

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Kristi Scott <kns...@siu.edu> wrote:
image002.jpg

Ben Hyink

Apr 14, 2010, 5:04:26 PM4/14/10
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Natasha Vita-More
Attached are a few additional E-mail addresses associated with the old TSN-UK bureaucratic infrastructure.

Best,
Ben

image002.jpg
TSN-UK National Infrastructure.doc