H+ Student Network website

1 view

Edward Miller

Apr 8, 2011, 7:21:29 PM4/8/11
to Ben Hyink, Curt Tigges, Josh Call, Natasha Vita-More, Bryan Bishop, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, Kevin, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Vincent LeBlanc, Devin Van Dyke, Eva, Rebecca Cadorette, Imamu Frazier, Nikos. V., Tim Butram, Jonathan Najenson, Heather Knight, Wade Martin, BRIAN MCBRIDE
The H+ Student Network site is beginning to shape up. Anyone who wants access to it, just email me. We need people to add posts, add resources, compile the list of active groups, improve the appearance, and so on.

http://student.humanityplus.org/

-Edward

Ben Hyink

Apr 8, 2011, 10:20:25 PM4/8/11
to Josh, Edward Miller, Curt Tigges, Natasha Vita-More, Bryan Bishop, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, Kevin, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Vincent LeBlanc, Devin Van Dyke, Eva, Rebecca Cadorette, Imamu Frazier, Nikos. V., Tim Butram, Jonathan Najenson, Heather Knight, Wade Martin, BRIAN MCBRIDE
Thank you, Edward, for getting us this far.

Curt and Josh should have managerial control over the website, and
this should be passed on to Humanity+ Student Outreach Coordinators
and their assistants. Thomas also should have managerial access as
H+SN is a program of Humanity+. I wouldn't know how to manage the site
and don't have time to learn just now, so I don't need access.

We need to recruit someone to make the site look more like the
Humanity+ website and offer the sorts of features I've mentioned to
Curt in E-mails. Any suggestions, anyone? Thomas, Ben and Natasha, do
you know of someone who could help with website design to make the
site look professional?

Best,
Ben Hyink

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Josh <ethe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool. Wordpress is a good place to start I think. I've done some work with
> Wordpress in the past (as has Curt I believe) and could do some maintenance
> work for it on occasion if need be. No need to do anything fancy at first
> though.  I would be helpful if Curt and I had access though for the sake of
> announcements and the like.
>
> Josh

Natasha Vita-More

Apr 9, 2011, 10:33:06 AM4/9/11
to Ben Hyink, Josh, Edward Miller, Curt Tigges, Bryan Bishop, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, Kevin, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Vincent LeBlanc, Devin Van Dyke, Eva, Rebecca Cadorette, Imamu Frazier, Nikos. V., Tim Butram, Jonathan Najenson, Heather Knight, Wade Martin, BRIAN MCBRIDE
Hi Ben,

I'd like to Skype with you, Edward, Josh and Curt about ideas I have. I'll
send a followup emal to you all.

Best,

Natasha

Natasha Vita-More

PhD Researcher, Planetary Collegium, Univ. of Plymouth, UK
Vice Chair: Humanity+
Fellow: Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
Visiting Scholar: 21st Century Medicine
Advisor: Policy, Law & Ethics Track, Singularity University

Ben Hyink

Apr 9, 2011, 12:01:44 PM4/9/11
to Natasha Vita-More, Josh, Edward Miller, Curt Tigges, Bryan Bishop, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, Kevin, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Vincent LeBlanc, Devin Van Dyke, Eva, Rebecca Cadorette, Imamu Frazier, Nikos. V., Tim Butram, Jonathan Najenson, Heather Knight, Wade Martin, BRIAN MCBRIDE, tsnh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natasha,

I've been having trouble getting skype to work. I can't manage to get
past the introductory pages when I sign in, even though I downloaded
and installed a 32-bit version of skype on my Ubuntu operating system.
Edward tried to help me but the strategies we tried didn't work. He
said he thought Skype was just buggy software and that I should use
Google Talk instead (you can install it by clicking on the options in
the chat window you bring up in Gmail, if you have a Gmail account).
If you want to have a discussion on Skype instead I'm afraid I won't
be able to join in, regretfully.

I'm free to talk on weekends after noon and on weekdays in the evening
after 6pm Central Standard Time. I just bought a headset.

Best,
Ben