Humanity+ Conference May 14-15 2011

Natasha Vita-More

Apr 2, 2011, 12:48:41 PM4/2/11
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Curt Tigges, Josh Call, Bryan Bishop, Edward Miller, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, Kevin, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Vincent LeBlanc, Devin Van Dyke
Hi everyone,

Now that we have the H+TSN Guide almost complete, let's discuss promoting our upcoming conference within the Humanity+ Student Network.  What are your ideas?

Conference link:  http://humanityplus.org/conferences/parsons/

Best,

Natasha

Natasha Vita-More

  PhD Researcher, Planetary Collegium, Univ. of Plymouth, UK
Vice Chair: Humanity+
Fellow:
Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
Visiting Scholar:
21st Century Medicine
Advisor: Policy, Law & Ethics Track,
Singularity University

Ben Hyink

Apr 2, 2011, 12:58:51 PM4/2/11
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Natasha Vita-More, Curt Tigges, Josh Call, Bryan Bishop, Edward Miller, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, Kevin, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Vincent LeBlanc, Devin Van Dyke
We could make a group like this the "H+SN Projects" group and invite
all the people who contacted me about Friday's Humanity+ Newsletter,
but now we have a different name than TSN...

Do we want to create a new group or just stick with this one for now?

Do we want to invite everyone who contacts us to the projects group?

Ben

Ben Hyink

Apr 2, 2011, 2:35:07 PM4/2/11
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Natasha Vita-More, Curt Tigges, Josh Call, Bryan Bishop, Edward Miller, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, Kevin, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Vincent LeBlanc, Devin Van Dyke
To answer one of my questions, I think we should establish a list for
volunteer work projects and announcements only - not general
discussion.

If we use the tsnhplus list it is readily available but we might lose
a lot of members if we ever decided to change the name by creating a
new list. Can we change the name without creating a new list (I don't
think that is allowed)?

Ben Hyink

Apr 2, 2011, 2:36:37 PM4/2/11
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Nikos. V., Tim Butram, Jonathan Najenson, Natasha Vita-More, Curt Tigges, Josh Call, Bryan Bishop, Edward Miller, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, Kevin, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Vincent LeBlanc, Devin Van Dyke
Dear new contacts,

Please see the messages below. We hope to establish a volunteer
projects and announcements list soon.

Ben

Ben Hyink

Apr 2, 2011, 3:25:40 PM4/2/11
to Vincent LeBlanc, Heather Knight, tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Natasha Vita-More, Curt Tigges, Josh Call, Bryan Bishop, Edward Miller, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Devin Van Dyke, Kevin Horlic, Nikos. V., Tim Butram, Jonathan Najenson
Forgot you in this thread, Heather.

Best,
Ben

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Vincent LeBlanc <leb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Ben, I think we'd need a specific group for planning volunteer actions
> and suggesting plans.I can't wait for the guide to come out, I admit I feel
> pretty much overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done to start
> something without killing it in the egg. Talking with other students and
> people with good ideas would help a lot =)
>
> However, I'd like to be included in the general discussion group as well. I
> think also people can relate better to Humanity Plus if we take the H+SN
> name instead of TSN.
>
> I'm in Montréal, Québec, Canada. I know Kevin Horlic is here at Concordia
> (I'll talk to you soon), if there's anybody else who'd like to meet up to
> make a game plan, I'd be happy to do so.
>
> Talk to you all on the group!

Ben Hyink

Apr 2, 2011, 10:59:16 PM4/2/11
to Curt Tigges, Imamu Frazier, Vincent LeBlanc, Heather Knight, tsnh...@googlegroups.com, Natasha Vita-More, Josh Call, Bryan Bishop, Edward Miller, Thomas McCabe, Ben Goertzel, Ben Scarlato, Shayna Medinger, John Niman, Jeremy Ford, Devin Van Dyke, Kevin Horlic, Nikos. V., Tim Butram, Jonathan Najenson
Welcome to the group, Imamu. See the thread below for our discussion.

* Curt or Josh, would you please create a new H+SN google group we can
have all the new H+SN participants join for announcements and (until
there is a better approach) coordinate supra-campus projects?

Thanks,
Ben