Laptop down since Saturday - will let you know when it's back

Ben Hyink

Jan 3, 2011, 4:48:55 PM1/3/11
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
Natasha and all,

My computer has not booted up successfully since Saturday (I'm writing
this from a public library). Someone is going to look at it tomorrow
but I might need to take it somewhere to get it repaired if possible.

I probably won't be able to do a Skype chat until my laptop is fixed.
I'll let you know when it is operational again. I start classes on
Thurs, Jan 13th.

Best wishes,
Ben

Natasha Vita-More

Jan 3, 2011, 8:09:34 PM1/3/11
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
You have my sympathy. I had this situation a couple of weeks ago and was
offline for days.

Take care,

Natasha Vita-More

Ben Hyink

Jan 9, 2011, 4:28:04 PM1/9/11
to tsnh...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for getting back to you so late!

My laptop cannot be revived. Yesterday I ordered a notebook that I can
pair with my external hard drive but it won't arrive until the day I
start school again, this coming Thursday. Once school starts I'm going
to be almost exclusively focused on classes and hospital volunteering.
I will just offer my opinions regarding the guide, v 1.0, as we
complete it.

As I mentioned to Natasha, I don't see a need for much structure to
the TSNh+ program above the campus-specific or local area-specific
level (too much global structure is a distraction from the
traction-building campus/local area work and we probably will be short
on volunteers as it is). What we really could use are people to create
and maintain a website or webpage for the TSNh+ on which the guide is
highlighted; one or two responsible individuals to act as liaisons
between the local group leaders and the Humanity+ Board, supply with
any promotional materials we happen to get from Humanity+ or related
organizations, and perhaps, if one of them is up for it, a public
representative of the network (ideally with group/event organizing
experience so they can offer advice); as well as knowledgeable
volunteers to make substantial improvements to the guide over time
without making it excessively long. At minimum, we just need a guide,
a website or web page, and someone to respond for requests for
information and announcements of group creation or affiliation
requests and update the website/webpage information.

I am available for a phone chat if anyone is interested. My cell phone
number is 708-990-3990.

Best,
Ben