TechSoup Digital Storytelling Challenge begins February 1!

kristy graves

Jan 25, 2012, 8:42:27 PM1/25/12
to tsd...@googlegroups.com
Hello TechSoup digital storytellers!

Hope your 2012 is off to a great start. It's that time again... We’ve been hard at work getting ready for our 3rd annual TechSoup Digital Storytelling Challenge (TSDigs), coming February 2012!

This year is going to be bigger and better than ever. We’re excited to have teamed up with nonprofit film professionals, Lights. Camera. Help. to bring you (free) training webinars, and will be staffing our forum, available to you 24/7 throughout the challenge. We'll also be hosting another suite of tweet chats to discuss best practices and answer your questions on current digital storytelling trends.

Dates to remember
  • February 1 - 29, 2012: Challenge Submissions Open

Learning Opportunites
All learning events are 11:00 a.m. Pacific time

  • January 31: Live Tweet Chat: Mobile Storytelling
  • February 2: Webinar: Pre-Production, Before You Push Record
  • February 7: Live Tweet Chat: Creating Impact and Effective Storytelling
  • February 8: Nonprofits Live: Collaborative Storytelling
  • February 9: Live Tweet Chat: Social Amplification and Distribution
  • February 14: Webinar: Post Production, You Have Footage, Now What?
  • February 16: Webinar on Post-Production

More details/register: TSDigs.org

Make a video or picture slide show last year?
You're welcome to create and submit a new one, or one you created since the last Challenge. This is your year to show off what you learned, and take your storytelling skills to another level. TSDigs is designed for, but not limited to first time storytellers!

Other ways to support and be involved
Please help spread the word! Like us on Facebook, RSVP on the Facebook event, share/forward or tweet (tag #TSDigs) this to other great nonprofits (new to online video or pictures) you know.

Have a question?
Drop us a note at tsdigs(at)techsoup.org or send a tweet @TechSoup or post on Facebook.

Have you received/used a Flip Video Camera to record your story?
We’d like to hear from you! Email us community(at)techsoup.org with “CiscoCSR” in the subject. Your story could help other nonprofits learn and might be featured on Cisco and TechSoup sites.

Thanks! We look forward to storytelling with you!

This conversation is locked