TSAS Notes, Friday 5/13

Liesa Smith

May 13, 2016, 10:14:15 AM5/13/16
to TSAS Notes

SATURDAY! TSAS WORK DAY - PACKING FOR THE MOVE!
In preparation for the school move to Roosevelt, the entire TSAS Community is invited to come and help pack the school.  Packing help is needed for teachers in their rooms as well as on other packing projects around the school.

Packing Dates:
Saturday May 14th, 10:00 am
Saturday, May 28th, 10:00 am

Supplies Needed:
Old newspaper for wrapping fragile items
Basic cleaning supplies: spray multi-purpose cleaners, paper towels

Upcoming Events

  • May 14: TSAS Community Work Day - Packing
  • May 19: TSAS Art Show at TU
    May 20-21: TSAS Musical "Into the Woods"
  • May 23: Last Day of School
  • May 26: Graduation
  • May 28: TSAS Community Work Day - Packing
Student Announcements:

Upcoming Important Dates:

May 14: TSAS Community Work Day - Packing
May 19
: Last Day to Buy Yearbook
May 19: TSAS Advisory Potluck and Field Day
May 19: TSAS Art Show at TU
May 20-21: TSAS Musical "Into the Woods"
May 22: Senior Breakfast (*tentative date)
May 23: Last Day of School
May
25: Graduation Rehearsal, 4pm
May 26: Graduation, 7:30pm
May 28: TSAS Community Work Day - Packing

Clubs and Organizations
  • Junior Class Council Meeting on Friday in Room 7
SENIOR SECTION:

Seniors: Plan to attend a Graduation information meeting on Tuesday, May 17th at noon in Room 28. At this time we will explain all the procedures for your graduation and answer any questions you may have.

National ART Honor Society members: we need to finish dressing the sets and props for the musical THIS WEEK (after school) and sign up for the workday this Saturday!  If you want to wear cords at graduation or be considered for membership next year, you MUST participate to get your final hours in for the year. Please see Foshee ASAP for both activities.

Have you had an art class at all this year?
Then you probably have artwork that needs to go home. If you want it, come and get it. There are still many unclaimed tiles from first session, among other work. Before school is out for the year, I will be cleaning out all old artwork, so this is your last chance to come get yours before it's too late!

Summer Songwriting Camp
OSU Writing Project Teen Songwriting Day Camp for students in grades 7-12 is June 21-24.  The cost to attend is $95. Info at https://osuwritingproject.okstate.edu/2016-teen-writers-camp.

ACT Prep Camp at NSU!
Next opportunity is May 24, 25, & 26, 2016. Cost is $85. You can sign up and view all available dates here.

Ex Cineribus 7th Edition is now on sale for $15.
Staff members will be taking pre-orders today in advisory. We will print a limited amount, so make sure and put your order in today!  We had over 250 submissions and our final selections made it through two rigorous rounds. This year's Ex Cineribus really reflects the artistry and eloquence of TSAS.

"Keep TSAS Weird" T-Shirt
The junior class will be selling 'Keep TSAS Weird' t shirts for $12! Please show your support and purchase one!  See Jenny if you are interested.

Lunch Accounts:
Just a few more weeks of school remain which means it's time to pay off meal accounts!! ALL meal accounts must be paid off by the last day of school. Students may continue to use the -$20.00 charge limit through May 13. Beginning May 16 students must have money on their accounts or cash on hand to purchase meals in the cafe.

Upcoming Potluck and Field Day
The 2016 TSAS Advisory Potluck and Field Day will take place on May 19th. Your Advisor will be sharing the details with you in the days ahead.

NHS Book Drive: NHS is holding a book drive! Drop off any used, unwanted book of any make or model to Stallings' room!

Let us know your dream library!
--
WE ARE TSAS...WE RISE!
Liesa Smith