TSAS Notes, Monday 4/11

Liesa Smith

Apr 11, 2016, 10:58:20 AM4/11/16
to TSAS Notes

The TSAS Speech and Debate team competed at the Oklahoma State tournament this past week and weekend at the University of Oklahoma.  Seven students qualified to represent our region:  Adam Dees, Josiah Parks, Eliah Misthaven, Sophia Wade, Hayden Doty, Ben Wilson and Thomas Braggs.  All students placed in the top twelve or higher for the State.
  • Sophomore Josiah Parks received the All-State award and is the State Champion for Dramatic Interpretation.
  • Senior Adam Dees after three very long days placed third in the state for Lincoln Douglas Debate and Senior Eliah Misthaven placed fourth in the state for Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking.
  • The whole team worked very hard this year and deserves a bit of recognition for acting in a way that makes our community very proud. CONGRATULATIONS!

Upcoming Events
  • April 12th - Board of Trustees, 5:30 pm
  • April 12th - Cancelled - PTSO Meeting
  • April 14th - Parent/Teacher Conferences
  • April 14th - Progress Reports Sent Home with Students
  • April 15th - NO SCHOOL, April Break

Test Monitors Needed!
Parents, grandparents, alumni, Tulsa Achieves students, and friends of TSAS, we need your help to monitor the administration of mandated State Tests. Testing runs April 11 - May 13th.  If you can share an hour or spend part of a day supporting our school in this important and tangible way, we would be so appreciative!  Follow the link to sign up.  (Volunteers must be over the age of 18.http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d45a9a629a3fd0-tsas1

Sign Up for Spring Parent Conferences
Parents are encouraged to sign up for Parent-Teacher Conferences which will be held next Thursday evening, April 14th, from 4:00 - 8:00 pm.  Follow the link below to reserve your appointment times.  https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Tulsa_School_of_Arts_and_Sciences

A Meal for Teachers!
It's time for spring Parent/Teacher Conferences. Let's show our wonderful teachers how much we appreciate their hard work by providing them some yummy food!  The theme is Picnic Potluck. Items should be dropped off in the office by 3:00 pm on Thursday, April 14th.  Please click on the following link or copy it into your browser to sign up! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080549abab2da64-parentteacher1

PTSO Sponsored Copy Paper and Facial Tissue Drive:
Please help support TSAS by donating facial tissue (Kleenex) and copy paper.You may drop off your paper donation at the front office. Thanks
for your support!

Student Announcements:

Upcoming Important Dates:
Aril 14: Progress Reports Delivered
April 14th: Parent/Teacher Conferences
April 15th: NO SCHOOL - April Break
April 18:
Ex Cineribus submissions due*
April 23: Cross Country garage sale
April 23: Last date to buy a yearbook—see Mark*
April 25-31: Buy yearbook at school with cash or check
April 30: PROM

PROM
Hey juniors and seniors! It's April so that means that Prom is just around the corner!!!
When: April 30 7-10:30 pm
Where: Central Center in Centennial Park. (Right next to the Phoenix)
How much: 45 dollars per person 80 dollars for a couple!
PROM SALES START NEXT WEEK!!!
If you have any questions feel free to ask Gwen, Madeleine, or Renee!  ITS GONNA BE GREAT!

NHS Book Drive: NHS is holding a book drive! Drop off any used, unwanted book of any make or model to Stallings' room!

Let us know your dream library!

Hey art-loving people, looking for something not boring to do this summer? Sign up now for the Kravis Summer Art Camp at the University of Tulsa! Early bird price discounts until April 15, and scholarships are available. Go tohttp://www.tulsaschools.org/3_Parents/summer_kravisArts.asp and scroll down to 'Intensive Art Seminar' for HS students and follow the links to sign up.

Ex Cineribus Submissions: Ex Cineribus (TSAS's very own literary journal) is now accepting submissions! Submission forms can be found attached to our handmade posters in various locations around the school. Submissions are due April 18th.

Yearbook Sales

--
WE ARE TSAS...WE RISE!
Liesa Smith