ABN validation or translation

Vincent Bastos

Feb 5, 2016, 3:54:42 AM2/5/16
to tryton-contrib
Hi,

I had created the module trytonll_party_abn a while ago, but I think that perhaps this is not the right approach.

The purpose of the module is to validate ABN's ( Australian Business Number ) which I think is the equivalent to VAT numbers. This may need confirmation as in France there is also the SIRET which is the identifier of a company.

I wanted feedback in regards to considering that an ABN is actually just a VAT number. Thus, instead of creating a separate module, I should just translate the VAT number field and I think that there is a way to extend the validation method based on the country field?

Having said that, just because the company using Tryton is in Australia it does not mean that all the clients ( parties ) are from Australia, some could be from Belgium. That means that the VAT field should actually be a VAT number and not GST and the label should be relevant.

Vincent B.

Cédric Krier

Feb 5, 2016, 4:10:03 AM2/5/16
to tryton-contrib
I think the best is to create a new type of identifier and implement its
own validation. The Identifier was designed to be extended for this
purpose.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Vincent Bastos

Feb 10, 2016, 8:17:53 PM2/10/16
to tryton-contrib

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 7:10:03 PM UTC+10, Cédric Krier wrote:

I think the best is to create a new type of identifier and implement its
own validation. The Identifier was designed to be extended for this
purpose.

What do you mean by identifier?

Cédric Krier

Feb 11, 2016, 4:00:03 AM2/11/16
to tryton-contrib
Oups missing in the doc: https://codereview.tryton.org/22801002

Vincent Bastos

Mar 20, 2017, 7:41:51 AM3/20/17
to tryton-contrib
Hey Cedric,

I would like to use some codes different to VAT for tax identifier type ( new ones added to stdnum ), but I am not sure how to add them to the list of selectable tax identifier types. I was not able to figure out the code that does this.

Thanks

Cédric Krier

Mar 20, 2017, 7:55:06 AM3/20/17
to tryton-contrib
There is the get_types method but in next release it will be a static
list: https://bugs.tryton.org/issue6374

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Mar 21, 2017, 5:49:32 AM3/21/17
to tryton-...@googlegroups.com
El 20/03/17 a les 12:41, Vincent Bastos ha escrit:
You have to extend the get_types function for the party.identifier
model. account_payment_sepa is a good example of this:

http://hg.tryton.org/modules/account_payment_sepa/file/4176fccfbf5e/party.py#l55

P.S: Take care that this is going to change with

www.koolpi.com
Twitter: @pokoli_srk