Farmhouse

Cédric Krier

Feb 21, 2015, 1:35:02 PM2/21/15
to tryton-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Recently someone asked on irc how to know when there is a new release of
a Tryton package.
My answer was to look at PyPI but indeed it is no so easy to track some
packages.

So I started to write farmhouse: http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/
It provide a atom feeds of the packages selected by a requirements text.
For example to follow:

- trytond: http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom/trytond

- trytond 3.2 series:
http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom/trytond%20%28%3E%3D%203.2%2C%20%3C%203.3%29

- trytond and tryton:
http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom?packages=trytond&packages=tryton

- trytond and tryton 3.4 series:
http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom?packages=trytond+%28%3E%3D+3.4%2C+%3C+3.5%29&packages=tryton+%28%3E%3D+3.4%2C+%3C+3.5%29

If there is an interest, I could continue to improve it:

- track a PyPI user
- add an option to track also hidden package

And of course the code is there: http://hg.b2ck.com/farmhouse/
--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Mathias Behrle

Feb 21, 2015, 3:08:03 PM2/21/15
to Cédric Krier, tryton-...@googlegroups.com
* Cédric Krier: " [tryton-contrib] Farmhouse" (Sat, 21 Feb 2015 19:33:32 +0100):

> Hi,
>
> Recently someone asked on irc how to know when there is a new release of
> a Tryton package.
> My answer was to look at PyPI but indeed it is no so easy to track some
> packages.
>
> So I started to write farmhouse: http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/
> It provide a atom feeds of the packages selected by a requirements text.
> For example to follow:
>
> - trytond: http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom/trytond
>
> - trytond 3.2 series:
> http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom/trytond%20%28%3E%3D%203.2%2C%20%3C%203.3%29
>
> - trytond and tryton:
> http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom?packages=trytond&packages=tryton
>
> - trytond and tryton 3.4 series:
> http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom?packages=trytond+%28%3E%3D+3.4%2C+%3C+3.5%29&packages=tryton+%28%3E%3D+3.4%2C+%3C+3.5%29
>
> If there is an interest, I could continue to improve it:
>
> - track a PyPI user
> - add an option to track also hidden package
>
> And of course the code is there: http://hg.b2ck.com/farmhouse/

That's quite useful, thanks! One feed to catch them all would be an
addition providing the most simple configuration and I suppose in most cases
the desired information.

From the packager side some previewable and projectable date on the Tryton
calendar as for major releases would be another even more useful option.

--

Mathias Behrle
MBSolutions

Tel: +49(761)471023
Fax: +49(761)4770816
http://www.m9s.biz
UStIdNr: DE 142009020
PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6

Raimon Esteve

Feb 23, 2015, 4:05:04 AM2/23/15
to tryton-...@googlegroups.com

[...]

Why not publish atom on tryton.org site?  Example,

http://farmhouse.tryton.org/atom/trytond

or

http://atom.tryton.org/trytond

Also at home tryton.org or some other place, add a block to load Atom and show items (for example current release stable) = more visibility

And of course the code is there: http://hg.b2ck.com/farmhouse/

Thanks

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

--
Si us plau, NO adjunti arxius a les seves respostes. Li preguem que integri el text al cos del missatge. Pot respondre usant NetEtiquete que li ajudarà a seguir la conversa. http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Por favor, NO adjunte archivos a sus respuestas. Le rogamos que integre el texto en el cuerpo del mensaje. Puede responder usando NetEtiquete que le ayudará a seguir la conversación.http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Please, DO NOT send attachment files with your answers, just copy and paste only the text you need to send into the body of your mails. Repply using NetEtiquete. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Raimon Esteve
// Tryton y OpenERP en la nube: http://www.zzsaas.com
// Documentación: http://doc.zzsaas.com
www.zikzakmedia.com

Cédric Krier

Feb 23, 2015, 4:45:03 AM2/23/15
to tryton-...@googlegroups.com
On 23 Feb 10:05, Raimon Esteve wrote:
> Why not publish atom on tryton.org site? Example,
>
> http://farmhouse.tryton.org/atom/trytond
>
> or
>
> http://atom.tryton.org/trytond
>
> Also at home tryton.org or some other place, add a block to load Atom and
> show items (for example current release stable) = more visibility

I don't understand at all.

Raimon Esteve

Feb 23, 2015, 6:16:43 AM2/23/15
to tryton-...@googlegroups.com
> On 23 Feb 10:05, Raimon Esteve wrote:
>> Why not publish atom on tryton.org site? Example,
>>
>> http://farmhouse.tryton.org/atom/trytond
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://atom.tryton.org/trytond
>>
>> Also at home tryton.org or some other place, add a block to load Atom and
>> show items (for example current release stable) = more visibility
>
> I don't understand at all.

why not publish farmhouse under tryton.org domain?

Example:

http://atom.tryton.org/trytond

Cédric Krier

Feb 23, 2015, 6:55:04 AM2/23/15
to tryton-...@googlegroups.com
On 23 Feb 12:16, Raimon Esteve wrote:
> > On 23 Feb 10:05, Raimon Esteve wrote:
> >> Why not publish atom on tryton.org site? Example,
> >>
> >> http://farmhouse.tryton.org/atom/trytond
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> http://atom.tryton.org/trytond
> >>
> >> Also at home tryton.org or some other place, add a block to load Atom and
> >> show items (for example current release stable) = more visibility
> >
> > I don't understand at all.
>
> why not publish farmhouse under tryton.org domain?

Why do it? It is not directly related to Tryton.

Cédric Krier

Feb 23, 2015, 7:20:03 PM2/23/15
to tryton-...@googlegroups.com
On 21 Feb 19:33, Cédric Krier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently someone asked on irc how to know when there is a new release of
> a Tryton package.
> My answer was to look at PyPI but indeed it is no so easy to track some
> packages.
>
> So I started to write farmhouse: http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/
> It provide a atom feeds of the packages selected by a requirements text.
> For example to follow:
>
> - trytond: http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom/trytond
>
> - trytond 3.2 series:
> http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom/trytond%20%28%3E%3D%203.2%2C%20%3C%203.3%29
>
> - trytond and tryton:
> http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom?packages=trytond&packages=tryton
>
> - trytond and tryton 3.4 series:
> http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/atom?packages=trytond+%28%3E%3D+3.4%2C+%3C+3.5%29&packages=tryton+%28%3E%3D+3.4%2C+%3C+3.5%29
>
> If there is an interest, I could continue to improve it:
>
> - track a PyPI user

Now available at:

http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/user/ced

And by classifier:

http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/classifier/Framework%20::%20Tryton

Or classifiers:

http://farmhouse.b2ck.com/classifier?classifiers=Framework%20::%20Tryton&classifiers=Framework%20::%20Flask

> - add an option to track also hidden package
>
> And of course the code is there: http://hg.b2ck.com/farmhouse/

I also improved the speed by doing XML-RPC calls per bunch of 100
requests.