New version of Sale POS client 3.6 on python3

oscar alvarez

Aug 15, 2015, 9:23:21 AM8/15/15
to tryton-contrib
Hi,

We released new POS Client version for Tryton 3.6 [1], it made with Qt5  (before 3.4 had Qt4) and 'build' with python 3, this module has a fork of proteus and other files of official client but this files was migrating to Python3 (Maybe help a little with port proteus to python3, in the official module, of course in the future ;) ), yes is a crazy experiment but works fine!, this client doesn't replace sale pos module [2], is  a complement, and require the module sale_pos_printer[3], here you can to see a nice screenshot [4]

Thanks

Oscar Alvarez
Presik

[1] https://bitbucket.org/presik/presik_pos_client_qt5
[2] https://bitbucket.org/zikzakmedia/trytond-sale_pos
[3] https://bitbucket.org/presik/trytonpsk_sale_pos_printer
[4] https://bitbucket.org/presik/presik_pos_client_qt5/downloads/screenshoot.png

ferr...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2015, 2:50:03 PM9/3/15
to tryton-contrib
Hello Oscar,

I wasn't able to make it work. I can run it in Linux without installation by (1) modifying config_pos.ini and (2) running python3 pospro. However, I don't know which of the required packages or modules makes my Gtk client go nuts (I can no longer use the POS client from Gtk; I don't have the right traceback right now, and I would have to create a new database, configure, etc. If you need the info I would do it, but I prefer to avoid it if it's unnecessary). When I do run the Qt client which you prepared, I only get a pop-up frame to input products' names. Unfortunately, I cannot select any, because there is only a Cancel button. I was not able to resize the main frame, either. Just to make sure: I'm not complaining. I hope that this helps you further. Good luck. I hope that I can be of any help.