A Few Gifts for Trowl

Mageuzi

Dec 24, 2010, 10:33:33 AM12/24/10
to trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com
Merry Christmas, everyone! In the spirit of the season, I have a few things to share for the holiday.

First, an update to Trowl 0.6.2. I basically made a couple of improvements to the auto-complete. In the previous version, you had to type space, tab or enter to accept an auto-complete. The new version also accepts punctuation (period, comma, colon, etc) as a way to accept an auto-complete. As always, you can hit the ESC key to cancel the auto-complete options.  This update is available now on the Trowl website.

Second, I'm making the updates to Twitter Display and Metro Display available now. They're not on the main website yet, but if you'd like to try them out, I'm providing links here.  Both displays have been updated with Trowl 0.6.2-specific goodies such as geolocation and entity support.  What is "entity support"? Twitter recently updated their API so that you can get a list of URLs, hashtags and mentions that they've parsed from a tweet.  Overall, you shouldn't notice much of a difference (at least, not until Twitter makes their t.co links more broadly available), but it should hopefully make links, hashtags and mentions more reliably linked.

I've also updated Twitter Display so that it has the same multi-monitor and custom position settings as Metro Display.

Try them out and let me know if you notice any problems. You will need to install these manually, overwriting the existing displays if you have them installed.

Enjoy, and have a great holiday!