Bug Report - version 0.7 Build 001

5 переглядів
Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення

Horkboy

не прочитано,
8 серп. 2011 р., 16:06:3708.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  Seeing one bug in the new version.  Every so often, a tweet will continue to be sent to Growl over and over.  The only way to get it to stop it is to shut down both Trowl and Growl.

Attached is the log file, you can see the tweet from 8/8/2011  9:37:33 AM begins to repeat over and over.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!
log_08082011.txt

Mageuzi

не прочитано,
8 серп. 2011 р., 16:18:2108.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the log file, that helps a lot! It should only be doing that if it doesn't get an "okay" response back from Growl. I'm assuming you're using the latest version of Growl? I'll look into it and see what else might cause this to happen. Thanks again!

Scott Wyman

не прочитано,
8 серп. 2011 р., 16:28:5408.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com, Mageuzi

Hi.  Yes, I’m pretty sure my version of Growl is the latest.  It is v 2.0.6

No virus found in this message.

Mageuzi

не прочитано,
8 серп. 2011 р., 16:45:1508.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com, Mageuzi
Hello -- yes that sounds like the latest. Has this happened only once, or has it happened a few times? Thanks again!

Scott Wyman

не прочитано,
8 серп. 2011 р., 16:46:5908.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com

This happened a couple of times, but I was only able to capture the latest in the log.  The first time happened after Trowl was running for about 4 hours or so, then again after about an hour.

Horkboy

не прочитано,
8 серп. 2011 р., 17:31:1808.08.11
Кому: Trowl (for Windows)
FYI, I'm trying something else to see if it helps. I've completely
removed the Twitter Display, and unregistered Trowl from Applications
in Growl. Then I started up Trowl again to force it to re-register.
I'm now using it just with the standard display. I'll let you know if
that helps.

Mageuzi

не прочитано,
8 серп. 2011 р., 17:35:3008.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I appreciate that. I can tell from the log you sent that Trowl definitely didn't get an OK response from Growl. (There is no "OK Response from Growl" like with the earlier notifications in the log.) The mysterious part is that even when it looks like it's getting responses back from Growl, there are still no OK messages. I've never seen this in the couple of months that I've been using it, so I'm a bit confused. Hopefully your experiment will help narrow things down.

Horkboy

не прочитано,
8 серп. 2011 р., 23:37:2308.08.11
Кому: Trowl (for Windows)
Ok, looks like that didn't fix it. I had it running for about 4.5
hours, then it started again. Not sure if it matters, but Growl does
NOT send the network notification (Prowl, etc.) over and over when
this happens. It appears that just the display keeps popping up.
This time, I didn't install the Twitter Display at all, I just used
the Standard display.

I'm going to try starting from scratch and completely uninstall Growl,
delete the AppData directories for both Growl and Trowl and
reinstall. This is the only thing I use Growl for at the moment, so
it's not a big deal.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks.

Mageuzi

не прочитано,
9 серп. 2011 р., 00:03:3709.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm working on a workaround right now, as well as some more logging to maybe narrow down the issue. If it looks good, I'll release that build soon. Let me know how it goes.

Scott Wyman

не прочитано,
9 серп. 2011 р., 14:29:2909.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com

Did a complete re-install, and running for about 15 hours now.  So far so good…  fingers crossed.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm working on a workaround right now, as well as some more logging to maybe narrow down the issue. If it looks good, I'll release that build soon. Let me know how it goes.

Scott Wyman

не прочитано,
10 серп. 2011 р., 23:01:3010.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com

Just an FYI, I had build 001 running for about 48 hours and no issues after I did the re-install of Growl.  Just downloaded build 002 and giving that a whirl.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm working on a workaround right now, as well as some more logging to maybe narrow down the issue. If it looks good, I'll release that build soon. Let me know how it goes.

Mageuzi

не прочитано,
10 серп. 2011 р., 23:05:2910.08.11
Кому: trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Glad to hear it. Very strange issue. I decided to keep the workaround in there just in case others have the same problem.
Відповісти всім
Відповісти автору
Переслати
0 нових повідомлень