Multiple Accounts

Mageuzi

Oct 11, 2009, 8:08:21 PM10/11/09
to Trowl (for Windows)
Hello all!
I'm currently working on the multiple accounts feature. I know a few
of you requested this feature, so I have a question if you see this
post. When a tweet is growled, would you want to see which account
the tweet was received from?

Christo27

Oct 11, 2009, 8:12:56 PM10/11/09
to Trowl (for Windows)
If I were to use it, I would definitely want to know which account it
was from

Me Not U

Oct 11, 2009, 10:31:50 PM10/11/09
to trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com
I could see why some people might need to see the account attributed but it doesn't help me based on how I use Twitter.

Mageuzi

Oct 11, 2009, 10:50:42 PM10/11/09
to Trowl (for Windows)
Thanks for the responses! Yeah, that is sort of what I was thinking.
So I will probably make it an option. The next question, then, is if
you did want to see that information, how should it show up in the
Growl?

For example, if you had this growl:
http://mageuzi.com/trowl/images/twitter-display-amazon.png
I see several possibilities:
1. As part of the sender's name, i.e. amazonmp3 (via mageuzi)
2. As part of the tweet itself, i.e. [tweet] (account: mageuzi)
3. As part of the application name, i.e. Trowl (account: mageuzi)
4. It could be part of the timestamp, but this only shows up if you
use TwitterDisplay, so I'm not sure if that's the best choice.

1 & 3 make sense to me, with probably 3 being my preference.
Comments or suggestions? :)

Christo27

Oct 12, 2009, 7:35:48 AM10/12/09
to Trowl (for Windows)
I would say #3, but if its possible, make it bolded so its easier to
check

Mageuzi

Oct 12, 2009, 11:49:21 AM10/12/09
to Trowl (for Windows)
As I was writing my message, I was thinking how much I liked #3, and
was trying to remember why I hadn't thought of that before, and now I
know why ^^; I can't make it part of the application name, because
that is what is used to identify itself to Growl for Windows. It has
to be "Trowl" and nothing else.

So right now I'm thinking option #1. I might even be able to make it
so that if you use TwitterDisplay, it's formatted nicer.
Option #2 would probably be confusing and/or easily missed.

Me Not U

Oct 12, 2009, 11:53:36 AM10/12/09
to trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com
That's too bad; option 3 had a lot of benefits.

I agree option 1 is the way to go.