Trowl ignoring blocks?

Lord d'Eath

Nov 10, 2011, 10:30:15 AM11/10/11
to Trowl (for Windows)
I'm following, and have Trowl set to display RTs from, the @toptweets
account. Unfortunately that account has a habit of being spammy in all
the wrong kinds of ways (apparently Twitter is used exclusively by 12-
year-old girls now, judging by some of the nonsense RT'd by that
account), so I've blocked certain users that show up more frequently
than others, such as @justinbieber. However despite those blocks,
@justinbieber's tweets are still being displayed by Trowl. On the
Twitter website and on my phone's Twitter client, I don't see any RT'd
@justinbieber tweets in the @toptweets account, so the block itself is
working, it just seems like it isn't being applied to Trowl, which is
where it needs applying most importantly (i.e. where spammy tweets are
the most intrusive).

Mageuzi

Nov 10, 2011, 2:04:04 PM11/10/11
to trowl-fo...@googlegroups.com
It's possible, I haven't looked into the mechanics behind this. (I thought maybe Twitter took care of it behind the scenes, but perhaps not.)

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll look into it and make sure a fix is in the next update!