reply directly from notification

1 view

briandunnington

Aug 12, 2009, 7:32:33 PM8/12/09
to Trowl (for Windows)
i know you asked over on the Growl for Windows forum about clickable
links in a display and might be considering creating a custom display
to do that.

if you are considering a custom display, i wonder if you would like to
consider adding the ability to reply to a tweet right from the
notification. i have been thinking about creating a display that
looked like a normal display, but when clicked, instead of closing, it
expands to show an input box. then you can type your message and hit
an OK button. if you use callbacks in your Growl integration, that
input could be sent back to your app and you could then post it to the
user's twitter timeline.

none of this exists yet, but i thought a twitter client might be the
perfect app to use this kind of two-way notification. lemme know if it
sounds interesting and maybe we can work together to get it done.

Mageuzi

Aug 12, 2009, 8:02:02 PM8/12/09
to Trowl (for Windows)
Heh, I actually just replied to your response before I saw this. The
latest release of Trowl is adding the ability to make new tweets, so I
had already been considering making a display with some simple twitter
actions -- reply, retweet, DM -- that would jump you right to the new
tweet screen already set up with what you want. I hadn't even
considered doing it directly from the display, that would work well
too although might be tricky depending on what the person wanted to
tweet. For example, it's useful to have a 140 character countdown,
and I'm not sure how possible that is directly from a display? In any
case, I would definitely appreciate the help!