Conquest/Pacificon coming up

1 view

Elliot Wilen

Aug 21, 2008, 8:20:33 PM8/21/08
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
Hey, don't want to overstuff your email inboxes, but I just remembered
that Conquest/Pacificon is coming up the weekend of August
29-September 1. Looks like they're going to have a good collection of
events, plus Dave Arneson will be among the special guests.

http://www.conquestsf.com/

Oddly, the event schedules are at
http://avalonconventions.com/conquestsf/index.php?center=schedule.php

Haven't made up my mind if/when I'll go. I'd like to play in one of
the wargame tournaments on Saturday, but it starts kind of early.

--Elliot

Robert

Aug 22, 2008, 11:28:56 AM8/22/08
to troupe berkeley
I would be down for this. I know someone who is running a "Last Stand
of the French Foreign Legion at Camerone, Mexico" scenario.

On Aug 21, 5:20 pm, "Elliot Wilen" <elliot.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, don't want to overstuff your email inboxes, but I just remembered
> that Conquest/Pacificon is coming up the weekend of August
> 29-September 1. Looks like they're going to have a good collection of
> events, plus Dave Arneson will be among the special guests.
>
> http://www.conquestsf.com/
>
> Oddly, the event schedules are athttp://avalonconventions.com/conquestsf/index.php?center=schedule.php

Robert

Aug 22, 2008, 11:33:10 AM8/22/08
to troupe berkeley
Also, there looks to be a very interesting WW2 scenario involving
Marines scouting what was supposed to be an unoccupied island and
running into a mess of Japanese troops guarding a supply depot. I
don't know the system, though.

On Aug 21, 5:20 pm, "Elliot Wilen" <elliot.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, don't want to overstuff your email inboxes, but I just remembered
> that Conquest/Pacificon is coming up the weekend of August
> 29-September 1. Looks like they're going to have a good collection of
> events, plus Dave Arneson will be among the special guests.
>
> http://www.conquestsf.com/
>
> Oddly, the event schedules are athttp://avalonconventions.com/conquestsf/index.php?center=schedule.php

Brian Mays

Aug 22, 2008, 1:13:03 PM8/22/08
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
I just got back from GenCon, so I'm still in a game convention mood. :)

I might go over the weekend (Saturday/Sunday).

Brian

Carl Rigney

Aug 22, 2008, 2:02:23 PM8/22/08
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
I saw mail from Conquest/Pacificon that Dave Arneson would be unable to
attend due to health reasons. Ken Hite should be there, though, and assorted
others.

I'm signed up to run 6 games, all 4 hour 4 player, except Monsters has
6 players (up to 3 kids and 3 monsters):

F 7pm Don't Rest Your Head - Don't Lose Your Mind
Sa 9am Dogs in the Vineyard - Last Spring Branch
Sa 5pm Rock N Roll Dreams (using Dogs)
Su 9am Monsters and Other Childish Things - New Kids, Old Monsters
Su 3pm Agon - Beast of Kolkoris
M 9am Don't Rest Your Head - Don't Sell Your Soul

--
Carl Rigney
c...@telemancy.com

"Any game that's like Calvin & Hobbes where Hobbes is an eldritch
horror from beyond the stars deserves some love."
-- Fred Hix on "Monsters and Other Childish Things"

jh...@darkshire.net

Aug 25, 2008, 4:40:47 PM8/25/08
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com

I'll be there too. Not sure for how long.
I'm not running anything this year, though.

- John