Group order for Solar System? (based on The Shadow of Yesterday)

Elliot Wilen

Sep 9, 2008, 6:25:15 PM9/9/08
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
Eero Tuovinen has written an update and genericization of the game
system used in Clinton Nixon's game The Shadow of Yesterday. The
system is called The Solar System; I'd like to get a copy since I
found the original text of TSoY to be interesting but kind of
confusing in places, and Eero's also added a twist or two without
altering the fundamental system.

The game is dirt cheap from IPR, but postage effectively doubles the
price if you just buy one copy. So why don't several of us make a
group order? On top of that, IPR offers 5 for the price of 4. The
upshot is that if there are four other people who want the book, the
price is about $5.26 each.

As for logistics of distribution, if you're in downtown Berkeley
during the week or near Laney College on Saturday morning, we could do
a hand-off.

--Elliot

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Robert <komra...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Only rpgs again or are indie minis an option?
>
> I'd be happy to run multi-player demos of .45 Adventure and/or the
> various Ganesha Games games.
>
> On Sep 5, 10:15 am, Chris_at_EndGame <chanra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey all!
>>
>> We are about a month out from the October MiniCon, and we could use
>> some more GMs!
>>
>> I am posting an interesting "dual session" of 3:16 in a bit, and we
>> have a WHOLE lotta Don't rest your head action going on.
>>
>> Anyone care to run some D&D 4e? I get a lot of requests for that,
>> Exalted, and Shadowrun. But I am happy to just get some games up right
>> now.
>>
>> Anywho, new email address for submission is: endgamemini...@gmail.com
>>
>> Thanks!

Elliot Wilen

Sep 9, 2008, 6:30:22 PM9/9/08
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, the previous message had nothing to do with the message quoted,
except that if I get a copy of the Solar System soon enough to digest
it, I might run a game at the mini-con.

--Elliot

Elliot Wilen

Sep 9, 2008, 6:52:42 PM9/9/08
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
An off-list message has come to me suggesting that Chris_at_EndGame
might be able to get copies of The Solar System into Endgame. So maybe
that would be a better way for those of us interested in the game to
pick it up. I will bcc him on this in case he isn't getting emails
from the list.

--Elliot

Elliot Wilen

Sep 9, 2008, 7:35:46 PM9/9/08
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
Okay, Chris has confirmed that he can special order the game @ the IPR
price, so I'm just going to get it that way, and I suggest anyone else
who's interested drop him a line.

--Elliot

merwin

Sep 9, 2008, 7:56:58 PM9/9/08
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
For $5, I'm definitely interested. It's a great system-only price point. I'm not quite sure I can make it to the minicon, though I am working on a scenario -- anyone from this side of the bay sure they're heading over, and could I impose on you to pick up a copy for me? I'm in Sunnyvale.

Merwin