Less lurking, more playing?

Monte Lin

Mar 31, 2010, 2:55:38 PM3/31/10
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
My name is Monte. I've been a long time lurker of this list. I believe this is my first post.

I had also forgotten that I was subscribed to this list, which makes this reemergence interesting, because I've been looking for people to form a semi-regular gaming group.

My regular gaming group isn't very interested in Dogs in the Vineyard, Mouse Guard, or Spirit of the Century, and they can't seem to stick to a regular schedule (evidently, every other Saturday is too hard to remember or something).

Anyone looking for a player or two? Anyone willing to have me fumble through running one of these games?

Thanks, and good gaming!

- Monte

Paul Lathrop

Mar 31, 2010, 5:14:49 PM3/31/10
to troupe_...@googlegroups.com
I could be convinced to run a regular game at a Friendly Local Gaming
Store for folks. It would have to be every 2 weeks or less frequently,
because I'm a new dad and my time is at a premium. I'd be into Mouse
Guard or any of that family of systems (Burning Wheel, Burning Empire)
or Nobilis. However, as noted, I'm a new dad, so last-minute
cancellations *will* happen. Also, a lot of people dislike my gaming
style - I play fast and loose with rules in service to story, expect a
lot of editorial input from my players, and tend not to plan very far
ahead in favor of letting the players drive the direction of things.

Any interest?